Four.

Alison's pov:

This day started very well, I watch her leaving and I close the door smiling. I put my hand on my cheek remembering her kiss... Her lips against my skin. I bite my lip.
I know I shouldn't think about her in this way but I can't.

I turn on my pc and try to find a little concentration for the article. Now I don't have excuses, I must write it and send it today.

2 p.m.

I wrote only three lines, I can't believe it. This never happened before.
I go to the kitchen to eat something and get back to work. I must hurry up, I don't have much time.

After a couple of hours I finish the article and send it. I wrote an horrible article, but that's the best I can do right now.
I look at my phone.
6.30 p.m. I should get ready. I'm not in the right mood to go out but I can't decline Paul's invitation.

I take a shower and dress up. I wear a black skinny jeans, a white top and black heels. I don't want to be too elegant tonight. I put a bit of make up, I take my bag and I go out.
I drive to the restaurant of which Paul sent me the position. I go inside and I reach Paul's table. He puts a big smile on his face when he sees me.

'Hey.' I say smiling and I sit.

'Good evening, beautiful miss.' he says without taking his eyes off of me.

I blush a little for the embarrassment and I smile.

'It's a beautiful place.' I say.

'Yeah, I thought you would like it.' he says.

'I do.' I say smiling.

The waitress comes to our table and we order our food, we talk a bit and then our food arrives.

'Emily told me many things about you.' he says cutting his food.

'I hope they're all good things.' I say starting to eat.

'I don't think that there are bad things about you.' he says.

'Mh... who knows?' I say giggling.

'So, is it true that you're single? I couldn't believe it when Emily told me.' he says.

'She talks too much.' I say sarcastically. 'It's true, by the way.'

'I can't hide that I'm happy to know it.' he says.

I just smile and continue to eat.

'I didn't want to make you uncomfortable. I'm sorry if I said something wrong.' he says looking at me.

'No, don't worry. Don't be sorry. It's just... my last relationship didn't end well, so...' I say.

'Well, I have all the time of this world.' he says smiling and I smile back.

He's cute and I like his attitude.
Even if I can't stop thinking about her. She's stuck in my mind, all the time.

After dinner Paul walks me to my car.

'I had fun, thanks for the dinner.' I say.

'I had fun too. Hope to see you soon.' he says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

His action makes me remember her action, I remember the feeling of her kiss and I don't give importance to his kiss.

'Bye, Paul.' I say smiling and getting in the car.

I come back home and before I open the door I look over her house. I wonder what she's doing right now. I smile thinking about her and I go inside.
While I take off my shoes my phone buzzes.

Paul : I had a really great time with you, goodnight princess. :)

I smile a little for the message and I answer him. I notice that I have an email from work. I read it and tears begin to form in my eyes. It's from my boss.

Alison,
this is the worst article that you have ever wrote. You're one of the best here, I expect more from you. You know how serious is this job.
Write it again, but if it isn't good I'll be forced to fire you.
See you at work.

What? I can't be fired. Why is this happening? I did everything I could do to get this job, all the sacrifices... This can't happen.
I go to my bedroom and I begin to cry harder thinking about it.

Cate's pov:

After putting Edith to sleep, I go in my bedroom and the first thing I do is looking to Alison's window. The lights are on but I can't see her. Suddenly I see her, she's opening the window. I keep staring at her. Is she crying? Yes, definitely. Her eyes are all red. I go closer to my window and she notices me. She quickly wipes her tears and smiles at me. I smile back, but I'm a bit worried for her. I take a paper and a pen and I write on it 'Are you okay?'. I show her the paper and she nodes trying to hold back the tears but she fails.
What happened to her? I dedice to go there, I can't leave her like that.

I go downstairs and I warn Andrew about it.

'Do you want me to come?' he asks.

'No, I'll handle it.' I say and I get out.

I reach her house and ring the bell.
She opens the door.

'Why are you here? It's late.' she says with a shaking voice.

'I was worried for you.' I say looking at her.

She looks like a mess, but she's still so beautiful.

'B-but I'm.. f-fine.' she says and she bursts into tears.

I take her hand, I get inside and close the door. I hug her and she hugs me back. We stay like this for some minutes.
Our bodies pressed against each other. I feel a warm sensation all over my body, again. It's like I'm desperate for her touch... I need to feel her skin.
I caress her hair and kiss her forehead.
She looks at me, we are still hugged.

'Do you feel better?' I ask still looking at her.

'Now, yes.' she says looking at my lips and then in my eyes.

I wipe her tears and caress her cheek.
She closes her eyes at my touch and she slowly opens them, looking at me again.
We are so close that our lips are almost touching.

I want to kiss her.
This is so bad, but it feels so right.
I want to taste her lips.