5. Merciless

She kept running, faster with every step; she knew she was late, she just wasn't ready to face the consequences.

The moon had come out of the veil of clouds, as they cleared away to let it shine brightly upon her glistening hair as she ran home. Leah hated the fact that she had to pay for what she hadn't done, but she was well aware of the emanating events of running away.

Finally reaching the front door of her, she panted from exhaustion. As soon as she took her first step inside, her nightmare had begun. Her mother, standing by the door, as if waiting for her, grabbed her by the collar and screamed at her face, "Where were you, you worthless piece of shit?"
"Thinking about running again, weren't you?", her father's calm voice petrified her the most. She tried desperately to explain, " I was at the library... b-but it started r-raining... and I couldn't-"
"Enough of your lies!" her mother cut her off.

Leah stayed quiet but her father took the hint. "I know what happened, Helen." he says, turning to her mother, " She found a 'friend' and finally decided to run away again because 'oh, her life is full of pain'", her father spit bitterly,
" But... at the last moment, that friend ended up finding her vile truth and deserted her , they found out the truth about you, didn't they Leah?"
"No, please... t-that's not true. Believe me, please."

Her begging went to vain as her parents finally decided to punish her for her apparent lies and deception.

She kept begging and screaming for his father to stop, as he beat her with lashes, inside the sound-proof basement. But, she found out the hard way, life was not going to be easy.

Beaten to pulp, blood pooled out of her body as she fell unconscious immediately, right there  in that locked, pitch-black basement. A faint smell of petrichor took over the humid air, as her raw gashes kept bleeding, the air was now a mix of her blood and the smell of rain on dirt.

She found herself standing by a road, her vision blurry, but clear enough to witness what she was about to see.

A man-no, a teenager, crossing the road, a familiar road. It finally hit her, the road leading to the Moorcroft Manor. Standing at the edge of the road, she saw him cross the road and immediately get hit by a car as a bright, white light pierced her eyes.

When she could see again, a body lying lifeless on the ground came to view. She ran up to it, and cradled the boy. Through wet eyes, she could make out a shining pair of green eyes, and dark blue hair.

Sitting in his pool of blood, she shouted for help, her sobbing getting out of control. Unfortunately, no one answered her plea, therefore, she had to see his life drain away until he was horribly white and cold.

It is short, sorry about that, but strap in for what is to come.🤷🏻‍♀️