CHAPTER 53 Checkmate

Shoto's POV

Grrrr I can't believe we fel for this trap again.
I was sure my shadows cleared the traps.

It's not your fault Midoriya. He used QC metal. So your shadows wouldn't find it.

Shinso never leaves my side for some reason.

We look and see Bakugo fighting Dabi.

Bakugo uses an explosion, but Dabi counters with fire. Canceling the attack.
Bakugo eventually gets a hit on Dabi. An explosion close to Dabi's head. Dabi falls over like Bakugo got him.

ALRIGHT HE GOT HIM!

Bakugo saw shinso next to me. So he went after Midoriya.

Right as Bakugo was about to get to Midoriya. I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

It was a very small metal wire. Shinso grabbed it and pulled on the wire.

When I looked at Bakugo. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Bakugo was captured in a scarf aswell. Dabi gets up and walks behind Bakugo and Midoriya.

Dabi messes with the scarf on Midoriya. Making a part of it cover Midoriya's mouth.

How does it feel not being able to talk or move? It sucks doesn't it. HAHAHAHAH!

After Dabi says that. He grabs Bakugo and Midoriya's heads. Making them look at me.

I looked in his eyes. That's when I realized he wasn't under Shinso's control.

Damnit let us go!

Shinso covers my mouth with the scarf, and Dabi does the same to Bakugo.

Now dabi, come here.

Dabi walks over and gets the knife from shinso. It's already covered in blood. Which means that was the one that killed Kirashima.

I thrash around trying my best to escape the scarf.

Now kill Shoto Todoroki.

MMMPH!?

Wait why me?

To pay me back for saving you.

He drops the knife and starts walking away.

Oh I see you're just like the others.

Shinso pulls out another knife and hits Dabi in the back with it.

Looks like I'm going to have to do it myself again.

Shinso takes the knife out of Dabi's back. Then I feel pressure on my chest. I looked down and saw red. I hear the muffled screams of Midoriya and Bakugo. I think back to the fight between the heroes and villains. It was at that moment I realized. Midoriya gave me back the ring because he loves me. He didn't want me to worry about him. So I could move on. He knew things were never going to be the same as they were.

The scarf came off me and I fell to the floor. I look and see behind the scars on Dabi's face. I'm glad I got to see you one last time big brother.
Tears stream down my face hitting the floor as I'm smiling.
I say in a weak voice.

I'll always remember you. Touya my brother, Bakugo my friend and one time lover, and most importantly Midoriya my husband. Bakugo if you could. Please keep Midoriya safe in my place. I don't think ...I'm...gonna make it home with .... you guys. I look up at Bakugo and he nods yes trying to fight back tears.
Thank ...you.

My eyelids start to feel heavy as I say.

I ....Love....You.... All.