Dianne's POV

written by rachelisnotawriter

I was falling, falling.

~*~

I was a lion. A young, intelligent lioness in fact. I wasn't aware when my older sister, older than me for a minute, disappeared into thin air on the day we both turned sixteen. The next minute, I found myself falling, falling, falling into nothingness, falling into a fathomless world.

~*~

I opened my eyes. Bright sunlight seeped through the window. Window? Why would I know that word? I am a LION. I was aware of my body slumped on a soft thing. A bed. Again? Why on earth would I know that word? I stopped my thoughts and pushed myself up. Staring at my paws, I gasped. They were girl's hands. I jumped off the bed and looked at my reflection in the mirror beside my bed. A sixteen-year-old girl with brown hair and blue eyes was staring back at me. I looked down. A t-shirt and jeans were fitted on for me. I was a lion just a second before, it seemed. I am now a girl.

There was a knock on the door, which startled me a great deal. I slumped back on the bed.

"Come in," I said. How did I possibly know that. It seemed that human thoughts were filling my mind.

A stern looking woman walked in. She had steely grey eyes and black hair tightly tucked into a bun.

"My mistress sends in her compliments," said the woman, pursing her lips. "You must come with me. You have to meet her. I am Kate Turner, the housekeeper here. You may call me Mrs. Turner."

I stood up and Mrs. Turner placed a pair of socks into my hands and pointed at a pair of sneakers on the floor. My hands moved of their own accord and slipped the socks and shoes on.

Mrs. Turner brought me out of my room. I was in a vast house (I resigned to my mind). It had large glass windows which let in the sunlight. Stairways, spiralling and straight alike, littered the house. Mrs. Turner brought me up and down, left and right, until I lost all sense of direction. She stopped abruptly in front of a wooden door and I skidded to a halt just behind her. She knocked.

A musical voice answered, "Come in."

We entered, Mrs. Turner excused herself and left. A woman with long blonde hair was sitting behind a long desk. I started with recognition. She had my blue eyes. I do not know by first sight, but the blue eyes...

"Well, hello there, An-," said the woman, she seemed to recognise me too. "What's your name?"

I bit my lip. I realized that I do not have a name. I said the first name that popped into my mind, "Dianne Watson." It seemed fancy but not too fancy. It's just right, I guess.

"Dianne," said the Lady. "Well, my name's Laura. Laura Harris. Well, you can call me Lady Harris. That'll be okay."

"How did I end up here?" I asked, frowning.

"Well, your landing here is just the same as my adopted daughter, Analisa. You fell right out from the sky."

"H-how?" I stammered.

"Just onto the pavement," said Lady Harris. "You're lucky you landed on your behind."

I had no memory. Now, being a lion was like in a dream. My youth as a lion was blurry in my head.

A knock on the door startled me back to my senses. The door opened and a girl walked in. She looked about seventeen. She strode confidently into the room. She had brown hair. She had blue eyes. She was identical to me.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the first time we approached Change. The opening, as seen, was done by rachelisnotawriter. The corrections made by our nice English teacher will be uploaded in time. The map- later. Sorry if it's a bit confusing. We were just starting, and we seek improvement. Please do leave a review.

Sayonara~