Francis's POV

written by xxRebeccaxxGailxx

Why? Oh, right, karmas's a bitch. (it's a saying, don't blame me)

                                        ~*~

        I glared at the letter and it stared innocently back at me. Gillian, one of my best friends, stood next to me.

        "Mon dio! Why do we have to take care of ze newbies?" I cried, crumpling the letter in the process.

        Gillian ran a hand through her short hair and sighed.

        "Stop being a drama queen, Fran. It was you who punched that bully... what's his name? And his 'lankies'. You dragged me into this too!" she huffed. I flopped next to her on my bed and closed my eyes.

        "I'm not going to school then. Like I give a monkey about what they turn out to be! And his name's Rex... like T-Rex."

       "Pff. Fran! Cheer up!" Gillian said with a blinding grin. "It's a chance to become the prefect again. Maybe you can make new friends!"

        Do you know what you're talking about? I thought darkly. Images of my deceased chum flashed before my eyes. His smile, his understanding. Lastly, the time he pushed me out of harm's way... to save me and kill himself. Lukas. A tear rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably.

        Gillian patted my head like I was a dog or something. Her fingers got tangled in my wavy, just-an-inch-above shoulders blond hair. Urgh.

        "Stop it, would you?" I croaked.

        Urgh. My voice cracked... Gillian's going to--

        "Stop being a sentimental Frenchie. Get up and be a man!"

        I am a guy, shut up, I thought, but I didn't get up.

        "Get up or I'll make you pay... with your lovely hair, Francis."

        I shot up.

        Just then, the main door lock clicked.

        Gillian's dark brown eyes widened, she stood frozen.

        I knew that good-for-nothing's back.

        Ignoring Gillian's protests, I tied a rope securely to her waist and up her back. Making a knot to my bedpost with the rope, I hauled my Asian friend down two floors, to my backyard. I saw her shadows in the midst of night as she hurriedly untangled herself and waved, before fleeing.

        My bedroom door was flung open. I fumbled for a familiar hilt. A figure staggered in. I felt around again, anxious.

        "Boy! Where are you!? Come out, you scallywag!" he said in pirate dialect. I shivered... when my fingers touched something cold. I mentally cheered and clutched it. My french grip foil, my trusty weapon since four.

        The figure came into view. His faded blond hair, shaggy and tangled; dull bloodshot eyes stared into mine. It was no one but my step-father. And I was ready for him this time. As Gillian said: Be a man.

        He stumbled forward. With a swift moment, launched out to claw me. But as I said, I was ready and not going to back down.

        Just as his dirty yellow fingernails were about to touch me, I counter-attacked. I jumped, took off the rubber nozzle and blindly slashed. I closed my eyes and heard a thump. I opened one eye. A hazy figure was on my ice blue carpet.

                                                                        Mission Accomplished.

        My eyes trailed back to the now tattered letter.

        Right, school's starting tomorrow. What a nightmare.

                At least I have my small group of friends...

________________________________________________________________________________

As requested by rachelisnotawriter, the part titles are all changed to the format of xxx's POV. All the same, vote, comment and enjoy :D