Tree's POV

written by yinqiisnotbasic

Today, I almost felt my heart pounding, like it's going to burst. I was almost scared to death!

                                ~*~

        Today is the School's Annual Spelling Bee.

        I love it, or should I hate it?

        The Bullies are in it. (It's capitalized)

        But I'm good at spelling.

        Let's skip a few moments and talk about the moment.

        I almost freaked out.

                           ~*~

        We were in the top 2.

        Me and Carvol. (I bet he cheated, he's not even good in his studies)

        Carvol -- a member of the Bullies Committee.

                       suspicious for almost killing Law.

        I gulped.

        Hard.

        Before the final round.

        "Hey, man," Carvol croaked. "Whatcha doin',''

        "Nothin'..." I stammered, but finally gathered up my courage. "What do you want?"

        "Everything," he whispered in my ear, slyly, "the Spelling Bee trophy, pride, and to humiliate you."

        I thought. Well, I have been the Speller Bee since grade 8 and it will be humiliating if I failed to get the prize this year.

        However, I need a deal.

        "OK... Let's make a deal," I said. "If you tell me who ended Trafalgar up in hospital, the trophy's yours. If not, sorry!"

        I can almost feel the heat, the raging anger in Carvol. Perhaps, today it will be the end of me. Another shiny dagger in my heart. I wanna scoot.

        But I don't want to be the scaredy- cat.

        So I HAVE to stand up to him.

        Surprisingly, no dagger was digging into my bones.

        "Well, fine!" Carvol peeped, "I did it."

        "How could you?" I exploded, almost wanting to punch him, but when I remembered the dagger, I held back my thought.

        "I was forced to, or he'll kill me," Carvol squealed. It was the first time I saw tears filling his blood-red eyes.

        "He? Who is he?" I was desperate to know.

        Lawrence Vegapunk.