Analisa's POV

written by rachelisnotawriter

That's not possible.

                                        ~*~

        I stared in disbelief at the girl in front of me. She was identical to the freckles splattered on both our noses.

        "W-who are you?" gasped the girl.

        "Sister?" I asked, breathless, completely ignoring her question.

        "So...," said Mother, breaking the awkward silence. "I assume you girls are related?"

         "Lady Harris...,' the girl muttered. "You won't understand."

        "Anyway," I said tentatively, "I am Analisa."

        "Dianne,"said the girl, still staring at me.

        "May we be excused, Mother?" I asked.

        "Of course," said Mother, nodding slightly.

        I pulled Dianne out of the room.

        "Are you a lioness before?" I asked, a little harshly.

        "Yes," she retorted defiantly. "But why are you older than me?"

        I looked at her again. She was some inches shorter, but our complextion was the same.

        "I've been here for a year," I said. "Time works differently around here, I guess."

        "Well sister," said Dianne, a grin spreading over her face. "I'm new here, so I guess it's your job to show me around."

        I felt a grin spread over my face too.

        "First," I said. "Let me bring you to my brother."

         I took her to Dan's room and rapped on the door.

        The door flew open and a boy with black hair and green eyes, all inheritance of my stepfather, poked his head out.

        "What sis?" He asked. Then his eyes travelled to Dianne and he gasped. "Prince and the Pauper, woohoo!"

        "It's not that simple Dan," I sighed. "Let us go in first."

       I told Dan everything once we entered. Dan stared at us in disbelief.

        "I guess I believe you," said Dan.

        "Daniel Harris," I said, glaring daggers at him.

        "I believe you," he said hastily.

        "So...," Dan continued. "You've never seen the world?"

        "No," said Dianne. "But I know a lot of stuff. I don't know why or how."

        I smiled sympathetically as this had happened to me. "Anyway, let's go out." I said.

        Dan stood up too and we went out of his room.

                                        ~*~

        There was sunlight all right, but it was feeble. Light rain was starting to splatter the earth. The rain did not dampen Dianne's spirit. She giggled at Dan's lame jokes and was curious about the houses and plants. She once stopped when she stared at a tall hedge.

        "What's that?" She asked.

        "There's a lake behind it, " I answered. "Owned by a millionaire."

        Dianne placed her pale hand onto the hedge and stroked the silky leaves, wet with the rain still pouring on them. Dan pulled out an umbrella from his pack which seemed to contain everything, and raised it into the air. Dianne released her hand from the leaves and we walked on.

        "Are you guys going to that school?" she said, pointing at a red brick building in the distance.

        "Yeah," I said, feeling a little tired of her questions. "You are going there too in the next semester, I think."

        "Great!" she shouted.

        "Argh!" I sighed under my breath.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Here's chapter three. I had to hold a meeting with rachelisnotawriter every night starting yesterday about this, really, but we all enjoyed it.

Read, comment and enjoy! ;3

Thanks.