Dianne's POV

written by rachelisnotawriter

The sparkly blue lake.

                                                ~*~

        After going to the hospital to visit Trafalgar, I decided to trample around alone. After all, this place is quite new to me. I stepped out of the hospital and walked down the road. Analisa and the others were still inside, so I got time. I let my feet carry me away from the hospital, and stopped in front of a tall hedge. A distant voice of Analisa's rang in my mind-- "There's a lake behind it. Owned by a billionaire." I stopped and pondered whether to find the entrance. At last, my curiosity got the better of me and I walked the length of the hedge. At last, I reached a wooden door set into the hedge. It was padlocked from the outside. I rummaged my pocket, and found a hair pin. A usual girls' accessory. Some human knowledge popped into action. I placed the pin into the lock and picked it. The padlock sprung open and I pushed on the doors. It swung open easily, and I stepped through. And gasped. A blue lake was set among the grass. It was sparkling and churning under no wind. I stepped forward impulsively and looked into the lake. Under the twirls and circles, I saw a grassy plain and lions prancing at the outskirts. I swallowed. That's... that's my home. I dipped my finger into the water. The image rippled and faded, but my finger felt... warm.

        "Ahem," said a voice just behind me. "May I ask WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

        A man with graying hair stood framed in the doorway. Looking closer, I saw that his hair, which was flecked with gray, was jet black once, and his eyes were identical to Dan's.

        "You're...," I stuttered, "You're Professor Harris?"

        "The one and only," he said, "and I've heard about you, Dianne Watson."

        I grinned tentatively.

        "But you shouldn't be here," he said with a much lighter tone. "The billionaire who owns this place is quite angry all the time."

        I glanced at the lake. Its surface was blue and shining again. I turned away and made my way out of the door.

        "Don't come here again, Dianne," said the professor. "I'll leave you alone now. Analisa'll be wondering where you've been. Mind you, don't tell her about the por-- I mean lake."

        Por? Well, I nodded anyway.