Trafalgar's POV

written by cristianaistypingnow

 Strange things bring upon strange reactions and total isolation.

~*~

I tapped the cafetria table with a pen, scanning the report Thorin and Dan had written again and again. As the official grammar checker of their writing, it seemed to me that they obviously had not put their hearts into it, as Dan wrote the line 'As seen, this theory brings about the result of the experiment mentioned above as affirmative' for three times in a row. Thorin's handwriting was too disastrous to be seen. I could only manage to decipher a few words out of half a page. However, I clearly do not have the right to complain as I picked out a whole paragraph in the third page of my essay that was repeated on the second page. The others were just as troubled, Francis being more and more interested with the ceiling and had a muscle strain after three lessons, Analisa folding stars out of paper strips and throwing the bad ones cleanly into the bin, and everyone (including me) tapping their feet to the rhythm of a favourite song, making a messy chorus until the teacher told Dan to stop. We gradually silenced after that, Thorin being the last as he was sub-consciously doing it while dozing off.

Well, I supposed that none of us really cared about learning and going to school anymore, not even communicating or interacting with other human beings. Analisa needed to be yelled next to her eardrums to respond by slapping your shoulder in disgust. Francis and Gillian has to be poked repeatedly. Dan and Thorin-- no response as they were recently friendly to each other and shared their earphones to hear rock music. No answers from me as usual. A book is all I need to think but now I often trip on cobblestones. Damn. Yet this clearly showed that each and everyone of us were immersed in our own thoughts, that the others would not understand so easily, and those that should be revealed in the sooner future.

Since that fateful and hateful day we had transferred to this school, something had linked all our thoughts and pasts together. Disappointing and confusing things followed, yet some of us have that sadistic opinion that this was all their fault, and some that secrets-- no matter personal or public-- have been hidden for too long, yet new discoveries always led into another labyrinth, the next and coming complicated puzzle. I believe that most of us are in an isolated mess now, continuing to rot and hide as people investigate. Everyone has their own, private problems, and as things were revealed the cocoon grows. Surely enough, the consequences are starting to appear. Tree Alders, the talkative, the flirty, the only happiness in the sorrow before, had disappeared, vanished without a farewell, leaving only a letter. Dianne Watson, the new and curious girl, was gone, bringing our voices with her. Analisa was clearly exhausted and worried; this was a chain reaction. Gillian was torn between both her own and the affairs we now face. Francis was happy enough to become the Head Prefect again, but something does seem off about him, as I found that trace of loneliness that seldom flashed on his cheery face. Dan was hiding his distress and confusion, as he was in fact the one to be in common with least the events, but his expression and words clearly showed his disappointment as being an extra. Thorin-- let's not say about him. He's practically the same and he still needs improvement. Or is it that he hid his feelings too well that I cannot penetrate the mask? Who knows. I am personally the least bit interested in this enigma. However, I cannot let that tragedy, the fire, happen again. That, is what I put my heart in. That, is why I had thrown myself into this torrent of confusion.

~*~

I traced the clues again, which were written in pen on a certain rugged notebook which I treasured as the remnant of Kader. Why were these things familiar and hostile at the same time? There might be something that was buried deep in time and I have to find it out, even if all alone in the end.

1. Thorin's uncle had written a letter to him, which clearly threatens him.

2. Tree Alders had left a letter with spelling mistakes and said to be gone into England.

3. Hornus Carvol was directed by Thorin's uncle, Vegapunk, to kill me.

4. Dianne had gone missing in Analisa's own house.

5. Gillian had taken a picture of someone doing something to a person floating in the air at the lake.

6. In the forest fire years ago, the sword I tainted was found at the lake.

7. Rex Zalin is on the move again, now that Francis has regained his post.

8. The lake. The goddamned lake.

I mentally screamed in frustration and ripped the page off to crumple it into a ball.

What the hell is going on in my brain?! I yelled in my mind. A teacher asked me if I was okay after I banged a fist on the desk and then my head hit the table in defeat. A simple aura of frustration woved itself around me, and the class looked at me in awe. What the f**k! The teacher continued to lecture me about sharing my feelings and not hiding them. Not to hide them? Look at a quarter of the class, see Francis rubbing his neck and resume his glare at the ceilng?! Pick on him! DUH!

This is maddening.

I NOW SERIOULY HOPE THAT THIS IS GOING TO END SOON.

I am getting crazy. The f**k is going on with Harris's family and relatives and friends and classmates and workplaces?! This really sucks, in Thorin's language.

~*~

 But I need to calm down and solve this again. I have my target, and all it needs now,

                                                                                                                                        is to get to it, I suppose.

________________________________________________________

_____________Here ends Part I of Change____________