Dianne's POV

written by rachelisnotawriter

I felt so bad.

~*~

        Lying to my friends was bad enough. Hearing about Mr. Lawrence Vegawhat'shisname? Ah yes, VEGAPUNK. Strange name, strange person.

        I trudged over the lawn to my Geography classroom in a west wing of the school. Analisa had gone to the bathroom and the others were still hanging around in the corridor. I raised my arm and looked at my white watch with the inscription 'fat face' carved on it. Eight o'clock. It was still early.

        In classroom, Carvol, the Bully (it's capitalized) was helping the teacher carry in a pile of books.

        "Is that all right?" I heard him ask as I drew nearer.

        "That's very nice of you, Hornus," said Professor Daniels, our English mistress.

        Hornus. Hornus. I knew he must have a name, but I never knew.

        It was too late to hide. Carvol had caught sight of me and was waving lazily with his long lanky arm. I took a deep breath and climbed through the threshold of the classroom. I nodded politely at the teacher and turned to find a seat as far away from Carvol as possible.

        Tree came in a few minutes, followed by Analisa and the others. When he saw Carvol, Tree immediately turned pale and walked quickly towards me.

        "Carvol's name is Hornus," I said hurriedly.

        "We know that, Di," said Analisa impatiently.

        I blushed. It seemed that being a newbie at this school wasn't really good.

        "At least we know that they're related," pouted Gillian.

        The lesson started a few minutes later. Though Tree looked tired, that didn't stop him from being the know-it-all of the class. His hand shot up like a bullet, in unison with Carvol (to my disgust) to every question and knew all the answers. I sighed and turned to look at the others. Gillian was staring ashen-faced at Carvol, Dan was combing his hair with his white comb, Francis was glaring at the ceiling,(as usual), Thorin was playing with his pencil, and Analisa was turning the page of a comic book she hid in her desk. She caught my eye and winked.

        So many things had happened, and we still needed to sit idly in a Geography classroom and stare at the teacher as she spoke. She was scrawling thw eords -- The lakes and reservoirs in America, when I remembered The-Lake-owned-by-the-billionaire with a jolt, and instantly felt guilt spreading over my chest. Should I tell them? Some part of me screamed in approval and the other part shook its head. I thought about Professor Harris and his words.

        "Don't come here again, Dianne," he had said. "I'll leave you alone now. Analisa'll be wondering where you've been. Mind you, don't tell her about hte lake.

        Something seemed missing. Something in his speech. But I couldn't figure out what and could not remember.

        "Don't telll her about the lake."

        Don't tell. Urgh, I was so frustrated. Some small part in my mind reminded me that he had said 'HER', and 'her' can mean anyone. But he had said Don't Tell, and these two words held volumes. Plus, Professor Harris was Analisa's loving stepfather. He was kind and generous to me. That sobered me up.

        At last, I made my decision. I wouldn't tell. Yet.