Thorin's POV

written by cristianaistypingnow

My bad luck streak goes on.

~*~

I can't believe this. Someone sent me a letter. And the sender was the person I hated most in the world.

My fallen uncle, the only man responsible for my tragedy. Just look at the 'touching' way he writes these words!

Dearest nephew,

How are you? It's been a long time since I saw you.

Yeah, of course. The last time he came was eight years ago. And how he exaggerates on the word 'dearest' makes me sick.

I feel so sorry about your parents' death. Over the years, I regret so much that I could not take care of you myself. I really thank the Laws' generosity for keeping you. I hope you did not cause any trouble.

And so he says. I've seen it all, the times when he plotted my parents' death and the gleeful smile when he slew them. He rejected me, as I would become the rightful heir to a secret. One that would make anyone to be the most powerful. He'd been a fool to kill my parents. I didn't know the secret. Now the only clue left is my gold (fake?) chain. Bah.

Well, let's get to the point. You're moving to another school. Don't worry, since Trafalgar Law is coming with you.

Moving to a NEW school?! Goddamnit, he's making his own decisions again. Jesus Christ. And he's dragging Law along. I didn't want to affect anyone.

Now for reminders. You know what will happen if you tell the secret to someone else, don't you?

There. His true words. Cruel and harsh is he. How foolish of me to believe him for a split second. Besides, I don't know the secret.

I assure you, you will die a slow and painful death. The last thing you see would be the face of horror on your 'friends'' faces and hear the cackle of my laugh.

I wasn't scared by his taunts and threats. If there was something Law had really taught me, it was two things: intelligence and cold-heartedness. I would not feel shocked or whatever negative feeling when I see blood, nowadays. The ways Law acted and the time I had stayed with him had numbed my pain, both physically and mentally.

I hope you still remember that scar I left on you, boy. If you ever dared to tell, I'll leave one on your heart.

I fell silent, touching the scar tracing across my neck. That old fool had tried to slit my throat when I was four. Weirdly, I didn't die. The gold (fake?) chain had done its job well to cover the scar, really. I couldn't just tell people that I slipped and fell down the stairs everytime they ask.

I have important things to do. Reply if you can , nephew.

Regards,

Lawrence Vegapunk

(There was his shapely signature, scribbly style, the same that I hate)

As if I will. I tore the letter into shreds, then scraps. This guy is hopeless. He knew that I wouldn't reply. Yet he still thinks that I am his dummy, listening to hime, at his will.

He has woven a web of lies and deceit, and everyone fell for it. But I would not be captured, trapped and tangled up in his fibs. I would not be his experimental subject. Never.

It's so sad and lonely for me sometimes. I had to act so stupid and cheerful and innocent in front of everyone, but I didn't really felt that way, and the mask had grown so stuck that I couldn't pull it off anymore. No one cared about me despite my cries for help before, nor came to my aid.

Just no one.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Here you have a brief description of what Thorin's like. And yes, his name came from the Hobbit. I had a lot of time thinking about his relationships with everyone, he's a bit sadistic when he's alone, but everyone's thinks he's fine and some kind of net just wraps around him. And I tore out three pages of description of him just because I didn't like it. (never happened before.) But all these hidden things should be revealed at the end, so I'm not gonna tell you anymore. All the same three words from rachelisnotawriter, vote, comment, and enjoy, per favore. (^-^)