Francis's POV

written by xxRebeccaxxGailxx

Tree's gone. At least that's what they said.

~*~

Merde.

I watched as Gillian glared at her phone.

Dear Gilli,

Tree's gone to study ahead. He told me to send his love.

--Ana

"Do you think he's really gone?" she asked, now sitting cross-legged on the icy blue carpet in my room. I frowned.

"If Analisa says so. But I have this nagging feeling that--"

"He's still here."

"Oui."

Silence hung above the two of us until I thought of something.

"I think Tree didn't go. Maybe it's just a prank. It may not be April Fools' Day but you know... The Bullies try everything."

Gillian looked skeptical.

I tried to persuade her again.

"Didn't Tree adore Analisa?"

My friend gave me a funny look.

"So? I mean yes, he gives her looks like a love-struck puppy, but what's to do with that?"

"Home is where the heart is," I replied with a soft smile. Gillian choked on her own saliva when she comprehended.

"So you're saying," she whispered, obviously in shock, "That he won't leave because he loves Ana? That's a weird way to put it, Francis."

I looked at her with yet another smile, a closed-eyed one, "Love makes your heart do crazy things."

"You're so cheesy, Francis Kruk." Gillian made a disgusted face. I let out a chuckle.

"And you love me for that."

Silence hung in the air again in this almost-empty house.

What I failed to notice was Gillian blushing, her cheeks red, as if caught on fire. Her hand over her heart.

~*~

I walked, thoughtful, with Gillian wordlessly next to me. The uneasy silence was there again.

"Say, Francis, have you fell in love before?"

I wanted to answer but my mind was just blank. Emotions stirred inside me, unknown, like waves. It was unlike the rush of giddy excitement when I flirt or 'play-date' with others. It was a swirling hurricane.

Knowing I was mute for a while, I quickly composed my posture and said, "No. No one's caught my eye yet, cherie."

Gillian gave me a small chuckle but didn't comment.

After a few more blocks, we came to the destination.

"Analisa's house, always magnificent, eh?" Gillian stated.

I nodded. "Let's go via the back. Some lake's there, right?"

"Yea. Might as well catch a glance."

We stealthily crept to the back, circling the billionaire's manor. To say it was big was an understatement. The hedges blocked our view and we tried to peek.

"T's not working, lassie. Come 'ere."

Gillian came next to me. "Now climb onto my shoulders and let me haul you up."

I didn't know whether Gillian made a face or not since I was squatting. However, after a moment of hesitation, she climbed on and I stood up.

Shifted to stable herself when she stomped on my shoulder and I hissed and lowered her down.

"What's that for, Gil--"

"Ssh, there was somebody there. But the lake was beautiful. Here, I snapped a photo."

She slipped out her phone and showed me a picture. The lake was clear, see-through with a tint of cerulean. Absolutely beautiful. It was still like a mirror. But quickly, I noticed a fuzzy shadow in the corner of the photo.

It looked like a person standing whilst a person was horizontal in the air. Pah. As if that could happen! Seems like I need some sleep...

Merde, I don't want to... This case is important!