Fortttt EiN

We enter our floor, and surprisingly it looks like a big turnout.
I'm pretty sure everyone is here!

Everyone is gathered in this little nook at the end of the hallway.

It's the SUNY version of a "floor lounge".

They basically took the door off of a room that isn't in use and cut out a larger opening.
All the beds, desks, dressers, and other typical dorm furniture are removed and they just stuck two couches that they probably found at someone's curb for free.

Oh yes, I'm sorry, there are also a few elementary school style chairs.
Sorry I failed to mention that, guys. It may seem to you that it wouldn't make a difference, however considering the lacking in this "lounge" - it does make the difference.

The difference between sticking my ass on the cold tile floor or not.

ALSO - The "lounge" looks so not like a lounge that they needed to stick a sign that says "lounge" over the doorway.

It's not even a nice sign.
It's a piece of computer paper and "lounge" is scribbled on it in messy sharpie handwriting.

Probably Tyler's.

He seems like someone who would have shitty handwriting.

"Alright...you two are back. Let's start the meeting." Tyler calls to Billy and I as we enter the "lounge" (I'm going to stop using the quotations it's getting annoying).

Wow...

I swear he is not the same person as last night!

Tyler is frigging smiling!

SMILING!

He actually looks happy to see us!

Well, you sick son of an RA, you dickhead.
I'm an actor so I see right through you.
You little fuck.

Man, I'm sorry. I really gotta stop cursing so much.

I don't know what's gotten into me...
(I guess going fluent is what got into me...)

"We are going to start a little ice breaker to start off our meeting! So I'm going to pass around these index cards for you to write down your name and a fun fact! Then, we will put the cards in this bucket and we will each pull out a new card to read out loud and introduce each other to the group!"

Oh man...

I used absolutely dread reading aloud...
I feel a cold sweat and dripping fear run over me because I'm just so darn conditioned to it.

Honestly, even though now with this little role I'm playing I don't need to worry about reading aloud, it's like the fear is ingrained into me.

Reading out loud is basically every stutterer's worst nightmare.

Like, sure, I'm a voice actor and read lines out loud, but it was a different animal for me in class when I had to read in my own voice in front of a room full of people I absolutely couldn't stand.

In normal conversation I developed an amazing vocabulary of synonyms to switch up the words if they are becoming too much of a bitch to say and would refuse to leave my mouth.

You can't exactly change the words when you are reading out loud from the same book everyone has in front of them.

I used to obsessively count how many people were before me, give or take one or two people to come and go from the hallway in between.
It allowed me just enough control to mentally prepare myself to read in front of the whole class. I would calculate which paragraph would be up once my turn rolls around, and study it the whole time and make note of the difficult words to decrease the chances of a speech disaster.