Chapter 8

After school, everyone was waiting around for Midoriya to get back from the nurses office, everyone except a certain white haired girl.

"Why can't you stay?" Mina asked, looking at Emiri with curious eyes as she packed up her stuff.

"I had already made plans to see a friend a while ago." Emiri said, smiling apologetically, "Though I do have these for him," She fished out a few papers that were stapled together, each paper having quirk information on their classmates. "I noticed that he liked to take notes on quirks, so I took some for him during the battle trials."

The pinkette took the papers, "Wow, you're so considerate! I'll make sure these get to him!" She saluted and Emiri let out a small giggle.

"Thank you Mina. Oh! It's getting late! I'd better get going, I don't want to keep my friend waiting!"

"Right! I'll see you tomorrow!" Mina called and Emiri looked over her shoulder and waved goodbye to Mina before she headed out of the building.

***

"Riri!" A voice exclaimed, and Emiri turned around to see a girl that looked to be a year older than her running towards her, a grin spread wide on her face.

Emiri smiled, "Toga, it's good to see you." Toga was the only person who Emiri was completely comfortable around, their paths had crossed multiple times when Emiri was growing up and eventually they had become good friends.

The girl, Toga, pouted, "C'mon, I told you to call me Himiko, we are friends, after all!"

"Right, anyways, why'd you want to meet me here?"

"What? A friend can't ask to hang out?" Emiri raised her eyebrows and Toga just smiled, wrapping her arm around Emiri's neck, pulling the shorter girl closer to her. "How's school going?"

"Good so far. I've made some friends in the class-"

"You're not planning on ditching me after you make all those new friends, right?"

Emiri giggled, "I would never think of ditching you, Toga. You're important to me and— hey, wait, you just avoided my question!"

Toga laughed, "aw fine, I'll tell you why I wanted to meet up with you. I know it's kinda late to do this, but in celebration of you getting into U.A, I'm going to treat you to a mall shopping trip!"

"I feel like there's a catch."

"What? There's no catch-" She was cut off when Emiri looked at her with a raised brow. "Fine, you have to let me pick out a super cute outfit for you. And no complaints Riri, got that?"

"I don't have much of a choice."

Toga grinned, and moved to hook her arm around Emiri's interlocking their arms. "Nope! Now, let's get shopping!"

The two of them spent the next few hours walking around the mall, Toga eventually picking out an entire outfit for Emiri, each article of clothing from a different store, and then bought Emiri dinner at a restaurant inside the mall. Eventually Toga had to head out, and scurried off once they said goodbye.

Emiri watched the blonde teen walk away, a small smile on her face. Toga was an amazing friend to her, and she couldn't imagine life without her. But whenever the two of them hung out it seemed like the girl was hiding something.

________
Sorry for the short chapter, I promise the next chapter will be longer!

-Sin