Chapter 18

The five matches before Emiri's match seemed to pass by quickly, though Emiri made sure to analyze every single second of each of the matches.

The fist match consisted of Deku against Shinsou. The first half of the match consisted of Shinsou trying to get Midoriya to respond to him, and when he did his quirk activated immediately. It was a tense minute as Deku slowly walked towards the edge of the stadium, and a relief to most of her class when he snapped out of it by using his quirk. Once he had snapped out of it, the match was quickly over and Deku moved onto the next round.

The second match was Todoroki against Sero, poor Sero had no chance up against Todoroki, but he tried. Emiri ended up joining the rest of the crowd in chanting 'Good Try' as Todoroki started to unfreeze Sero from the mountain of ice he was frozen under.

The third match was Kaminari against a class 1-B student, Shiozaki, who completely whipped the floor with him. Electricity didn't really help him against the vines that Shiozaki used. He was left strung up as she moved onto the next round.

The fourth match was more of a ten minute commercial than anything. Hatsume had used Iida as a support dummy, using him to show off all her latest inventions to possible investors. Eventually she stepped off the stage herself leaving Iida to move onto the next round.

The fifth match was Mina against Aoyama. Mina easily got past the beams Aoyama sent out and melted his belt— causing his pants to fall down. As he was trying to hold them up, Mina punched him in the jaw, making him fall to the ground and faint. Aoyama was carted off the stadium due to him being paralyzed with fear. Mina ended up moving onto the next round.

Emiri stood in the entryway to the field, taking a deep breath as she stretched herself out. She had changed out of the cheerleader outfit and was back in her gym uniform. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves and at the sound of Mic's voice she started to walk out onto the field.

"Now let's not let this hot streak cool! It's time to move on to the sixth match! Don't let her innocent looks fool you, everyone! This student has a lot more to her than you would think! It's Class 1-A's Koyama Emiri, versus, the great creator! She was admitted through recommendations and we can all see why! Also from class 1-A, Yaoyorozu Momo!"

"Like we said before, no hard feelings, 'kay Yaomomo!" Emiri said, placing her fingertips together and flashing Momo with a soft smile.

Momo blinked, obviously Emiri had broken her out of her thoughts. "O-Of course not."

Emiri's smile widened and she let out a soft giggle.

"Sixth match, begin!" Present Mic shouted and immediately Emiri jumped forwards, her arm turning into a sword.

Once she got close to Momo, her arm swung forwards and she felt it vibrate as it made contact with another metal object. "Came prepared, huh?" Emiri said, seeing that Momo was holding a large steel rod.

"I knew enough about you and your quirk to come up with a quick strategy." Momo said, a sheild appearing on her other arm. She swung her pole at Emiri and the white-haired girl jumped back, landing a foot or two away from her opponent.

"A strategy, huh?" Emiri asked, a grin appearing on her face as her eyes glinted. "Do you have the skills to pull of your strategy? Let's find out~" She jumped forwards, slamming her arms down on Momo, the clanging of metal sounding through the stadium as she defended herself.

"Koyama's rushing in with a surprising show of strength!" Present Mic exclaimed. The crowd starting to cheer with excitement.

Momo swung at Emiri, the smaller girl easily ducking under the pole and lunging forwards, hitting the back of Momo's knees and slicing them a bit, causing the girl to cry out in surprise and fall to her knees. Emiri quickly pulled back and straightened up, looking down at Momo with a soft smile and her eyes glinting dangerously. She placed the sword at Momo's neck, not close enough to cut her, but just close enough to keep her down.

"See what I mean? You're smart, but you lack the proper skills you need in a fight. You're not going to win every fight out there with a silly little strategy. If you're too stuck on executing your plans, you'll end up at a disadvantage, and if this were a real battle..." she tiled her head, an almost villainous look appearing on her face as she let out a giggle, "You might wind up dead."

Momo's breath hitched in her throat, and out of the corner of her eye, Emiri saw that she had created another pole, and in the blink of an eye Emiri was up in the air, just barely managing to dodge the pole that Momo had swung, trying to do the same thing Emiri had done.

"Looks like Yaoyorozu hasn't given up yet!" Present Mic announced. "This fight is keeping me on the edge of my seat!"

Emiri landed and looked at Momo, "You've still got some fight left, don't you?" She asked, her hand shifting from a sword into a hammer. "Well, lets see how much fight you've got!" She jumped up into the air and swung her arm down, the hammer clattering with Momo's sheild, making the girl slide back. Emiri wasted no time in lunging a second time, then a third— eventually she was landing hit after hit on Momo' sword, not allowing her opponent to make any moves of her own. After a while, she jumped back, breathing heavily, a smile still on her face as her hands turned back to normal.

Momo realized that her attacks had stopped and a steel rod appeared in her hand. She was about to attack when Midnight stopped the match.

"Yaoyorozu is out of bounds! Koyama moved onto the next round!"

Momo looked from Emiri to Midnight then down to her feet, dropping the rod she had just created.

Emiri walked up to Momo, clearing her throat to get her attention. "You fought well, Yaomomo!" She said, clapping her hand together as sparkles seemed to surround her. "You surprised me near the end what that sudden attack!"

"I surprised you?" Momo asked, "I'm the one who should be surprised. Though, to be honest you were slightly frightening during the battle, it was almost like fighting a villain."

Emiri tilted her head, "A villain? Really?" She giggled, "Sorry if I had scared you, I tend to get kinda intense during battles! Now, let's get you to recovery girl, those cuts on the back of your legs probably sting a bit."

Momo smiled and nodded, "Of course."

The two of them walked off the field side by side.

_______
*Yeets in*
IT'S THE HOLIDAY S E A S O N
So have a Holiday Emiri!!!

_______*Yeets in*IT'S THE HOLIDAY S E A S O NSo have a Holiday Emiri!!!