Chapter 32

Three days. Three days of the written portion of the final exams. Though Emiri managed to feel confident about her answers and was sure that she was going to pass. She was more worried about the Practical portion of the final. Sure, she had been training like no tomorrow and they were supposedly going against robots but she wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly changed what they would be doing for the final exam.

After everyone's tests were collected, they were given their hero costumes and after changing they were all led outside to where a few buses were waiting.

"The practical's going to be so easy!" Kaminari exclaimed. "With the training from Koyama I'm sure to ace it! And it's against robots too!"

I wouldn't be to sure about that. Emiri thought.

The bus ride was short, and they eventually got to the Center Plaza, where they would be taking their exam.

They all got off the bus, and to Emiri's surprise there was a group of teachers waiting for them.

"Now then, let's begin the last test. Remember, it's possible to fail this final. If you wanna go to camp then don't make any stupid mistakes." Aizawa said.

"Uh... why are all the teachers here?" Jiro asked.

"I expect many of you have gathered information and believe you may have some idea of what you'll be faced with, today." Aizawa continued.

"We're fightning those big ol' metal robots!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"Fireworks, S'mores, here we come!" Mina said.

"Actually, this years tests will be completely different for various reasons!" Nezu exclaimed, popping out of Aizawa's scarf.

"You're changing things?" Momo asked in complete disbelief.

"You didn't see this coming? I mean, this is U.A. They're going to try to challenge us in ways we don't expect." Emiri said.

"The tests now have a new focus! There will be hero work, of course, but also teamwork and combat between actual people!" Nezu said, using Aizawa's scarf as a rope to help him down to the ground. "So what does that mean for you? You students will be working together in pairs and your opponents will be one of our esteemed U.A teachers. Isn't that fabulous?"

"W-We're fighting the teachers?" Uraraka asked.

"Additionally your partners and opponents have already been choosen. They were determined at my discretion based on various factors including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships." Aizawa said. "First, Yaoyorozu and Todoroki are a team." he cracked a grin and held up his scarf— he looked almost threatening. "Against me. Then we have Midoriya paired with Bakugo."

Oh dear. That's not going to turn out well. Emiri thought looking at the two as they looked at each other in complete surprise— Midoriya looking a little scared.

"And their opponent it..."

A figure jumped down from the top of the building landing between the group of teachers and the group of students.

"I am here! To fight!" All Might said.

"I feel sorry for them." Emiri said. "It's almost like they were set up to fail."

"You're going to have to work together, boys. If you want to win."

The rest of the team ups were a bit less dramatic, eventually the line up looked like this:

Koyama and Kirishima vs. Cementoss
Tsuyu and Tokoyami vs Ectoplasm
Ojiro and Iida vs. Power Loader
Yaoyorozu and Todoroki vs. Aizawa
Aoyama and Uraraka vs. Thirteen
Ashido and Kaminari vs. Nezu
Jiro and Koda vs. Present Mic
Hagakure and Shoji vs. Snipe
Sero and Mineta vs. Midnight
Midoriya and Bakugo vs. All Might

"To complete the exam you'll have thirty minutes! In order to win your objective is to put these handcuffs on your teacher, or you can win if one of you manage to escape the combat stage!"

"So we either got to capture the teacher or run away. That's basically like the combat training." Kaminari said.

"Yeah but is it really okay to just jet?" Mina asked.

"Yup!" Nezu said.

"It's gonna be much different than that combat training ya'll went through earlier. After all you're up against people waaay better than you!" Present Mic said.

"Better, really? Wait, aren't you just the announcer?" Jiro asked.

"Hey! Watch yo mouth girl, have some respect!"

"This time, you're exam will be very similar to a real battle. As strange as it is, please think of us as villains." Thirteen said.

"As soon as you come across your enemy, if you think you can win against them then that's fine. However," Snipe started.

"In instance where you're outmatched, it would be smarter to run away and find help. Todoroki, Iida, Midoriya, I'm sure the three of you understand." Aizawa finished

"I'm sorry, sir, but isn't it slightly unfair to us that we're going against you? After all, you're all fully trained and experienced heroes. We're just first year students. It feels like you've all set us up to fail." Emiri said.

"I'm glad you brought that up, Young Koyama!" All Might said. "The support course made these super clever accessories for us!" He pulled out what looked like to be a bracelet made out of metal.

"Behold! Ultra compressed weights!" Present Mic announced.

Emiri watched as all the heroes put the weights on their wrists an ankles.

"These weights will add at least half our body weight! It's not much, but they will eat up our stamina and make it harder for us to move around!" All Might said, tensing up a bit after finishing putting his weights on. "Oh shoot, these are heavier than I thought! We had a contest to come up with these designs and Young Hatsume ended up winning!"

"You think we need a handicap to win against you? Well think again." Bakugo said.

All Might laughed, and one of his eyes glowed blue. "This will be fun."

Emiri had to admit, she got chills from seeing him like that. She felt like Midoriya and Bakugo were going to have a bad time during their match.

"Let's begin. The teams will take the practical exam in the order you were called. You all have a stage prepared for you. Koyama, Kirishima, you're up."

"Yes sir!" The two of them exclaimed.

"Those waiting their turn to fight can either watch the exams or try to strategize together as a team, it's your choice. That's all." Aizawa said before he turned and followed the other teachers into the building.

Emiri turned to Kirishima, "We've got this! We're passing this exam!"

"Right!"