Episode Eight: I Heard a Rumor (Part 2)

Jupiter P.O.V

I was in my room, looking through some old photographs when I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, caution layered in my voice. As soon as Klaus popped his head round the door I relaxed immensely.

"I wanted to talk..." He spoke with the same caution I had, making me worried about what he had to say.

"Yeah, yeah. Come in, take a seat." I patted on my bed. He sat next to me after closing the door behind him.

"I'm... I'm just so sorry. I- I don't know why I didn't tell you about me trying to talk with Dave. I wish I had told you earlier. I guess I didn't want to get your hopes up. But that's no excuse. It... It didn't work anyway so... But yeah. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." Klaus said, looking to the floor.

"Klaus. It's not that big of a deal. I just thought we shared everything together is all. I thought that you would have told me about something like this. We went through it together so you don't have to do it alone." I explained to him.

"I know. I realise that now and I promise, from now on, no more secrets." He said, finally looking deep into my eyes.

"Good." I giggle and kiss his cheek. We then proceeded to lay back on the bed. I carried on looking through photos, every so often showing one to Klaus to reminisce, whereas Klaus was knitting. I say knitting, more like flailing wool around the place. Our fun was interrupted by another knock at the door but before I could say 'Come in', Five was already in the room.

"Hey. Get up. We're going." He spoke, not giving us a choice.

"What? Where?" I asked, sitting up.

"To save the world."

"Oh, is that all? Great." Klaus and I both groan.

"So, Pogo said Dad killed himself to get us all back together, right?"

"Yeah. So?" Klaus questioned.

"So it got me thinking."

"Yikes, you be careful doing that." I joke.

"Ha ha. Very funny, Jupiter. Because that joke hasn't been made before." Five spoke sarcastically. "Anyway, I had to jump to the future to figure out when it happened, but Dad, he can't time travel."

"So how'd the crazy bastard actually know to kill himself a week before the end of the world?" I said, catching on what Five was saying. Klaus and I slowly began getting ready to go out, putting on shoes and such.

"Exactly."

"Well, you know..." Klaus began to answer before he was interrupted by Five.

"Don't answer. That was purely rhetorical." Five stopped him. "Truth is, our whole lives, he's been telling us we'd save the world from an impending apocalypse."

"Yeah, but I always thought he just say that to scare us into doing our chores?" I questioned.

"Me too. But what if the old man really knew it was going to happen?" Five spoke whilst I shoved my pitch black boots on.

"Yeah, but knew how?" Klaus asked.

"No idea." Five answered simply. "But the fact remains, his fakakta plan worked. We all came home. Since we're here, we might as well save the world."

"Just the three of us save the world, huh?" I sassed as I threw on my leather jacket, completing my look. Klaus was also done so we followed Five out of the room.

"Uh, well, ideally, no but... gotta work with what I've got." As we walked out the room, Diego runs up and into his room next to Klaus'.

"Where have you been, D?" I ask him.