Episode Three: Extra Ordinary (Part 2)

In the living room with the rest of the academy apart from Five.

We had watched the video of mom just watching as dad died a million times, all of us shocked to the core. How could Grace do something like that? Me and Klaus were still munching on the snacks we stole, as if we were at a movie theatre.

"I mean, do you really think Mom would hurt Dad?" Vanya asked, in the same boat as all of us.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." Luther answered. She isn't even Mom to him anymore. Just Grace.

"If he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroners report." Diego said, looking up at Luther. This must be tough for him, mom helped Diego become the fine speaking man he is today. He loves her more than any of us.

"Yeah, well, I don't need a coroner report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." Luther said, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"Maybe all that low gravity in space, messed with your vision." Diego replied as he clicked a button on the TV. "Look closer. Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocles gone."

"Oh, yeah!" Klaus said with a chuckle.

"She wasn't poisoning him. She was... taking it." He said as he walked away from the TV. "To clean it." He concluded.

"Then where is it?" Luther questioned. "No I've searched the house, including her things. She doesn't have it." There was a moment of silence before Diego spoke up.

"That's because I took it from her. After the funeral." Diego admitted. I look up at him with shock. He took it? Why'd he take it?!

"You've had the monocle this whole time? What the hell Diego?" Allison asked angrily.

"Give it to me." Luther demanded.

"I threw it away." Diego said, extremely calm.

"You what?" Luther questioned angrily as Allison started to her classic annoyed laugh.

"Oh, Diego. Why would you throw it away?" I asked, my mind tired of being confused.

"Look, I knew that if you found it on mom, you'd lose your shit." He pointed at Luther with his knife he  was cleaning. "Just like your doing right now."

"Diego, you son of a bitch." Luther stated enraged.

"Hey. No. Clam down both of you. We all don't want a recreation of the funeral." I said as I stood in between them and Vanya stood up to join me.

"Look, I know dad wasn't exactly an open book." Vanya said, Diego looked at her ready to attack her with words but then looked down at me as I told him not to with my eyes. "But I do remember one thing he said. Mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but also... as a protector."

"What does that mean?" Allison asked.

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy." Vanya answered.

"Well if her hardware is degrading, then..." Luther spoke as he calmed down a bit. "We need to turn her off."

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, wait." Diego started, gently moving me out the way. "She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw away in a closet." He got really angry as he pointed into Luthers chest like he did at the funeral. "She feels things, I've seen it."

"She just stood there, Diego, and watched our father die." Luther waved his hand towards the TV.

"I'm with Luther." Allison said as me and Diego scoffed.