Soulmate AU - Justin de Dios

PREMISE:
Everyone in this planet was born with a digital clock in their left wrist covered with a band that contains the time they have left before meeting their soulmates. Full bond. Half bond. 

Your POV

"Are you really sure that you're not gonna remove that band?" my best friend for 3 years, Justin, asked me pointing at the band on the lower side of my left wrist.

"Naaah, I don't need to know the date when I'm gonna meet him. Basta pag nagtapo ang aming mga mata alam kong siya yun," I looked at him in the eye - those chocolate orbs - and smiled. He smiled back with that bunny smile of his.
"Sus," he eyed me. "You keep on saying you don't want to but your bands changed! Ibig sabihin lang non, tinignan mo na!" he accused. 

"Now tell me, who is the unlucky guy called your soulmate? Have you met him already? How many more months, days or years are you going wait before you meet him?" He wiggled his eyebrows with a glint of amusement and teasing on his eyes.

Binatukan ko siya, tss. Unlucky guy daw.

"Bwisit ka. Anong unlucky guy?! Hoy, he'll be the luckiest guy on Earth once na malaman niya na ako soulmate niya no." 

"Oh please, I beg to differ," he retorted back dramatically. 

"Alam mo, bumalik ka nalang diyan sa pagsusulat mo ng kanta. Let me remind you dear sir that your part sa bago nyong kanta is due tomorrow so stop teasing me and just go back to work! Isusumbong talaga kita kay Kuya Sejunnie!!" Inirapan ko siya and pushed the swivel chair where he is sitting towards the desk full of papers. 

My bestriend Justin de Dios is the youngest member of SB19, Philippine's firsy boy group. They debuted 2 years ago and they are now known and loved all throughout the country.

Hay, nakakaproud talaga tong mokong na'to. 

"Nah, I'm not getting back to work until you tell me when you're gonna meet him!! Look at mine oh. 00:01:03:54:36," he approached me once more and showed me his wrist.

"I'm gonna meet her soon and I can't wait! So ikaw, when will you meet the unlucky guy ha?" 

"Ang kulit-kulit mong bata ka," piningot ko siya.

"O-ouch! Aray! (Y/N)! Okay okay! I'll stop!"

I chuckled. He was rubbing his left ear muttering complaints, "I told you I have no intentions on knowing. And FYI, I have been changing bands eversince kasi dumudumi. It is just today that I changed the color kaya you did not notice dati. I always ask a stranger to do it for me so that I won't see the numerics," I said coolly.

"You really don't care about the countdown?" he eyed me.

I tried my best to look at him in the eye to prove my sincerity, "I...I really don't care. Now get back to work Jah. I'll buy you coffee. Is it still the usual?" he nodded and smiled like a bunny once more. Bakit ka nga ulit ginawa ng Diyos na gwapo ha? 

I ruffled his newly bleached hair and stood up from the sofa in their studio. Ieaded for the door, touching the bands on my wrist unconsciously.

"Can you please buy me a doughnut na din? One choco butternut and uh.. Make that 3 na pala para ikaw rin meron. Thank you! Love you bestie ko!" I heard him half shout as I closed the door with a sigh.

-

"00:00:00:24:12," I saw him breathed out reading the numerics on his left wrist. We are now on SB19's fan meeting event which is going to start 10 minutes from now. We're at the back stage with the rest of the group. 

"(Y/N) kalmahin mo nga yang si Justin, hindi makali eh," Josh said with a laugh sabay akbay sa akin. 

"Wag mo ngang akbayang bestfriend ko. Humanap ka ng ibang aakbayan. Dun ka na Josh, she likes me more. Bleh!!" Justin took me from Josh's side and placed his arm over my shoulders which earned a laugh and some teasing from the boys.

"Maka-angkin ah. Soulmate mo? Soulmate mo?" pang-iinis ni Kuya Stell. 

"NO." Justin replied fast.

Maka-"no" naman to akala mo di nakakasakit ah.

"But she's my bestfriend. Period." He reasoned out like a child. Aigoo this man.

"Oo na, oo na. Mga kuya please excuse this child of a man. Kabado lang talaga't ngayon niya makakatagpo si unlucky girl na siya ang soulmate. Haaaay, kawawa naman ang kabaro ko," I faked a deep sigh.

"Aba't!" he glared at me. I laughed. "Joke lang naman, Jah."

I then pulled him to a corner a bit far from the boys. 

"(Y/N)," he whispered. "I... I'm... Ano... I'm nervous. What if..." he trailed off with a scared look on his face. 

"What if she does not like you? Accept you for who you are? Or reject you?" I finished his sentence knowing full well what he was thinking. He nodded. I tapped his back and sighed.

"Alam mo, kung ako na isang pihikan na tao ay natanggap ka bilang bestfriend, she'll definitely will too. She'd be the luckiest woman to have you as her soulmate." I looked at him in the being sincere as much as I can. She's flipping blessed to have him. "You're one of the best people out there. So stop worrying Justin de Dios." 

"Really?" He looked at me searching for assurance.

I smiled at him. "Really."

"Now man up, Bestie. You're about to meet the love of your life! You mustn't face her with a scared face no!" I cheered him up dusting off his blue coat.

He smiled and hugged me, "Thank you (Y/N). I owe you a lot." I just rubbed his back and smiled. "Promise me na kahit we met our other halves already we'll still be besties, yeah?" 

"Yeah, I promise you Jah. I'll always be here by your side even if I am not physically present anymore," I whispered holding myself back.

We broke our hug when one of the staffs told us that it the event is about to start already. He gave me one last hug and ran towards the stage.

"Good luck, Bestie! Love you! Galingan mo ah!" I shouted as he was about to go to the stage.

He looked at me, smiled widely and waved goodbye.

"See you later! Love you too bestie!" He shouted back.

With that I heard the crowd cheering and shouting his name, the boys' names and SB19's name. I went out of the venue to calm my heart, the park on the other side of the road seems to be a calm place so I decided to find solace there.

As I was waiting for the traffic lights to turn red I removed the lower band on my wrist smiling as fat tears started falling from my eyes. 

00:00:00:00:00 

It has been like this for 3 years now - from the day when Justin and I met at an event.

Ever since I got to know what soulmates meant I've been marveling over it, counting the days before I meet him but unfortunately when we met and talked and got to know each other, his band, it wasn't like mine. It was full of numbers unlike mine which only holds a series of zeros.

And yes, I am certain that is is him that is supposed to be meant for me. I can still vividly remember how my clock turned 10 seconds to 0 while he was approaching me to ask for directions. The world seemed to slow down back then. It felt magical, surreal and wonderful. 

But...

The universe must've made a mistake or maybe it was an anomaly in the system. These were my first thoughts back then but as I looked for answers I discovered that there's a minority wherein the soulmate bond that they have is only a half bond, meaning it is only a one sided bond. And the farthest that we can be is to be their best friend...

"As long as he is happy I am happy," I whispered wiping some stray tears. 

-END-