Can You Hold This For Me? - Justin de Dios

Justin has been sick for days now and he has trouble sleeping whenever he is sick that's why his mom decided to call you over so that he can have at least his nap in the afternoon. 

"Nako hija, pasensya na sa abala. Ito kasing si Jah eh, tatlong araw nang nahihirapan matulog. Alam mo naman yon kapag nandyan ka mas nakakatulog ng ayos yun pag may sakit," his mom said after hugging you. 

You and Justin were childhood friends and the both of you intended to keep it that way but things happened and now the both of you are keeping your growing feelings for each other from each other. 

"Okay lang po yun Tita no, dapat nga po nung unang araw palang pong nagkasakit siya ay tinawagan niyo na po ako." 

"Hay nako, I almost did 'nak but Justin said he did not want to bother you kasi raw you're having your thesis revisions," his mom said leading you to Justin's room. 

"Si Justin talaga. Alam naman po niyang he will never be a bother to me. Ang tigas tigas ng ulo," pagrereklamo mo sa mommy niya. 

"Di ko alam kung pwede kong sabihin to hija pero sige sasabihin ko na," his mom said then laughed.

"Napagsabihan kasi ng Daddy niya itong si Justin. Kesyo mag-jowa raw ba kayo kung maka-cling sa iyo eh wagas. Paano raw kung magka-boyfriend ka na tapos nakasanayan niya ng ganon baka raw awayin ka pa ng magiging boyfriend mo. Kaya itong binata ko eh sinasanay ang sarili ng di laging natakbo sa iyo." 

"Bakit ba kasi hindi nalang kayo ang magkatuluyan? Botong-boto namin kami ng parents mo sa tandem niyong dalawa," she then continued. You can feel the blood rushing from your neck, up to your face and up to the tips of your ears. 

"Hay nako Tita, bakit nga kaya hindi nalang kaming dalawa?" you thought. This is a question that has been stuck in your head for quite sometime now...

Buti nalang binuksan na ng mommy niya ang pinto sa kwarto ni Justin which saved you from answering his mom's question.

"Anak, andito na si (y/n) oh. Don't lock the door ha, you know the rules. Osya, hija magluluto na ako sa baba," his mom said as she closed the door. It has always been like that whenever you needed to stay in Justin's room— doors should never be locked for reasons that are well, obvious. 

As you entered his room you saw Justin in his favorite pajamas lying on his bed, his white blanket pulled up to his chest while he is playing some mobile games with his phone. His hair was a mess, his face pale and you can see slightly dark circles under his eyes. He looks like his body is begging for a decent sleep. 

"Aren't you sleepy yet?" He followed where your voice came from and saw you standing by the door. He smiled. "Medyo."

You walked towards him and sat on the edge of the bed near him.

"Alam mo ikaw, may sakit ka na naglalaro ka pa dyan." You took his phone and turned his game off.

He pouted but he didn't refute. He just scooted a bit to give you space to sit beside him on his bed. You moved closer to him and checked his temperature by placing your hand on his forehead while he is still lying.

"Tsk. You're hot, Jah!" you exclaimed, palagay mo ay nasa 38 or 39 degrees ang lagnat niya. 

He smirked and winked at you. "Alam ko."

Hinampas mo naman siya ng mahina.

"Bwisit ka. Nagdedeliryo ka na no? Kung ano-ano ng sinasabi mo dyan." 

He pouted again. He looked so cute.

"Ghad, Justin! Bat ka nga ulit nagiging parang bata kapag may sakit?" you thought.

You just pinched his nose, "Joke lang naman." 

His face turned serious which caught you a little bit off guard. "Why are you here? Tinawagan ka ni Mommy no?" You nodded. "Si mommy talaga." He frowned.

"Bakit ba ayaw mo akong pumunta dito ha?" He did not answer you ad just remained silent.

"Justin," wala pa rin syang imik.

"Alam mo if you don't want me here I can go naman, itext mo nalang ako kapag okay ka na." you said in an annoyed tone but di ka naman naiinis sa kanya, you just wanted to tease him because somehow you know that he wouldn't let you leave, akma ka nang tatayo pero he stopped you and held your wrist just like you anticipated. You smiled secretly. 

"I didn't mean it that way, shoti," he said using your petname for each other. "I was just- Si Daddy kasi."

You didn't let him finish, "Oo alam ko. Tita told me." You sat again and ruffled his hair.

"Alam mo Shoti, okay lang naman yun. Siguro. Kasi even if may boyfriend na ako, nauna ka namang dumating kaysa sa kanya, he just have to accept the fact that you're a part of my life."

"Can't I be both nalang?" he replied looking at you straight in the eye. 

Napatigil ka sa sinabi niya. "If your boyfriend and bestfriend is the same person, it wouldn't be an issue right? No one's gonna get mad and ganun din naman kapag you become my girlfriend and my bestfriend." 

Justin has never been really this bold, he did not know why he said that, perhaps it was his fever or maybe it was because of his insufficient sleep or maybe he was just fed up keeping all his feelings to him. He doesn't know and honestly, he doesn't even care. He is happy he finally admitted what he feels about you. 

"Shoti," you said not knowing what to say kahit na naguumapaw ang mga bagay na gusto mo ring sabihin sa kanya.

"Screw being scared, (y/n). Screw the adjustments. Screw the what ifs. At huwag na huwag mong sasabihin sa akin na nagdedeliryo ako o dahil may sakit ako why I'm telling you all these."

"I love you, (y/n). And I'm not telling you to love me back," he said full of his unsaid feelings having no idea that you already did. You already fell for him. Hard. "I just want to let you know that I have no intentions of being just your friend. Di ko kakayanin yun, (y/n). I can't just stand on the sidelines and watch you getting swooned by some other man." He said seriously as if it's one of the things that he is very sure in his life. 

You smiled and touched his hair playing with it, like a puppy he snuggled to your touch and momentarily closed his eyes.

"You don't have to say anything (y/n). I just wanted you to know. Whatever you feel about me, handa naman akong harapin yun," he whispered you can feel him starting to get sleepy as you continued to play with his hair. 

"Don't worry, Jah. Sleep ka muna and I'll tell you everything after you get some sleep, okay?" you assured him with a smile you badly wanted to talk to him already but his eyes are so tired you just decided to let him sleep and talk after he feels better.

"Basta ba walang bawian ng mga sinabi ah?" He nodded and smiled at you once more. 

"Promise?" You asked. 

"Yes, promise, love." Natigilan ka sa sinabi niya.

"Hoy, de Dios kakaamin mo lang tapos love na agad ang tawag mo sa akin? Wow ha. What happened to 'shoti'?" you questioned him but you can't deny the fact that what he just called you gave you loads of butterflies in your stomach and made you blush crimson red.

"Matulog ka na nga." He shifted his body to his right so that he is looking at you. You pulled his blanket over his head (see picture for reference).

He smiled at you and gave out his right hand, "Can you hold this for me before I sleep?"

"But that's your hand Justin." 

"I know," he then took your hand and intertwined it with yours. He looked at you once more with his chocolate orbs full of love. 

"Sleep, Justin." 

"Yes, love." 

He dozed off to dreamland while you stared at him lovingly still playing with his hair.

-end-