Soulmate AU II - Stell Ajero

[what happened in the night of the Red Moon]

I sat on his king sized bed watching him pace back and forth trying to keep his mind off the thirst he was feeling. Alas diyes na ng gabi and his thirst is getting stronger as the middle of the night approaches. Isa, dalawa, tatlo, apat... Pag bilang ko sa kopita ng dugo na nainom niya. Nakakaapat na siya pero hindi pa rin ito sapat, nauuhaw pa rin siya.

Hindi man sabihin ni Stell pero nakikita ko kung paano siya nasasaktan at nahihirapan nang dahil sa Red Moon. Sejun explained it to me earlier when we met, he explained kung gaano kahirap physically ang nararamdaman nila sa tuwing lumalabas ang pulang buwan at hindi sila nakakainom ng dugo ng tao.

He said that their bodies are aching all over like they're being salvaged by some unknown force. The thirst inside them can be akin to an intense heartburn, it's clawing on their chest and throats. He said that it was the most painful thing they had ever experienced since they have been abstaining since they were eighteen. It was so painful that sometimes they wish to just die.

Pinagmasdan ko si Stell, his fangs were protruding even more this time and his nails were already sharp and an inch longer. Stell said that it's one of the side effects of the blood moon, they transform into their "beast" mode as he call it. Unti-unti na ring lumalabas sa likuran niya ang mga pakpak niya. It wasn't like the wings of angels, it was more of like a bat's. However, it was still majestic to look at.

Simula pa lang ala sais ay pinanunood ko na siya. Were just both silent the whole time, sabi niya kailangan daw niyang magconcentrate so that he won't get too distracted with my scent. Dalawang oras pa ang lumipas na ganoon lang ang ang nangyari. But as the clock struck twelve ay lalong tumindi ang pananakit ng katawan ni Stell.

Nasa sahig siya, he was on his side. He was in a fetal position while clutching his stomach. Dinig na dinig ko ang bawat pag-inda na niya kahit mahina lang ito.

Dali-dali akong tumayo para lapitan siya.

"N-no. Stop right there, El. Huwag kang lalapit," he said over his breath.

I stopped on my tracks, tears started to fall from my eyes. Kanina ko pa pinipigilang hindi maiyak. Sobrang sakit na nakikita kong nahihirapan si Stell, especially when I know that I could do something to ease his pain.

"Stell," I whispered. "Hindi ako lalapit, but please, can you go to the bed. Doon ka mahiga, I'll stay on the sofa. Please."

Unti-unti akong lumakad papunta sofa at doon naupo. He struggled to get up. Halos gumapang sa siya papunta sa kama nang dahil sa sakit at panghihina. When he got to his bed, he laid on his stomach so as not to damage his wings.

Mula sa kinauupuan ko ay dinig na dinig ko pa rin ang bawat pag-inda niya. I swear, I can even hear him struggling even with his breathing.

Pinikit ko nang mariin ang aking mga mata habang pinapalis ang aking mga luha.

Dyos'ko naman, Stell. Hindi pa ba matatapos 'to?

I opened my eyes when I hear him cry out in pain.

"Argh. A-ang sakit," pag-inda ni Stell. He looked breathless because of the pain. He was groaning and crying out while clutching his chest. The pain must've reached it's peak.

This. This pain is no where near to what Sejun described it to me.

Lalo akong naiyak.

I need to put a stop to this. Ayoko na. Hindi ko na kayang makita pang nasasaktan si Stell. I can't let him suffer until the dawn breaks.

Tumayo ako at kinagat ang labi ko nang mariin.

I'm your mate, Stell. I'm your bestfriend. My blood is yours.

My lips started to bleed. I can already taste the metallic tang of my blood. My scent must've easily spread out because his head snapped at me.

He looked at me fiercely.

"Anong ginagawa mo? Lumayo ka, Elena!"

I shook my head and sauntered to where he was. I knew he wanted to get away but he is weak at the moment so he can only push himself on the bed to put more distance between the two of us.

"Lumayo ka, please. Please, El," he begged. But I already made up my mind and I won't let him stop me. I won't let him suffer anymore.

Sumampa ako sa kama at nilapitan siya. I grabbed his shoulder and dipped my head. I crashed my bleeding lips into his soft ones. I made sure to let him taste my blood. He must've consumed it already because I felt him tense for a moment before biting my lower lip. His instincts kicked in already.

Was I afraid?

Heck, I was. But this is Stell, so it was worth being afraid for.

In an instant, he flipped me over so that he's hovering above me. He dove into my neck and smelled it, basking on my scent like it was the first time he had ever smelled me.

"E-elena. Please," he begged. He wanted me to fight him, to stop him from drinking my blood.

I stroked his hair and whispered, "No. I know you won't kill me."

As if the thin thread stopping him already snapped, he kissed the place where my neck and shoulders met which sent chills down on my spine. He then pierced his canines on my neck and started drinking my blood.

Hindi ko ma-explain ang pakiramdam. It was painful, yet it was- it felt magical.

Sejun said that this is what's felt when a vampire drinks from his mate. He was right.

He continued drawing blood from me and my strength is starting to weaken.

"Stell," I breathed. "Tama na. Baka mapatay mo na ako niyan," I joked.

Bumalik bigla sa katinuan si Stell. He immediately retracted his fangs and kissed my wound. "It'll help in the healing process," he said pertaining to the kiss. Maybe it's a soulmate or a vampire thing as well.

"I'm sorry, El."

I weakly shook my head.

"No, it's okay."

Inihiga niya ako nang ayos sa kama. Pinagmasdan ko siya, his pain was gone. He looked refreshed. Parang hindi siya dumaan sa delubyo kanina lang. I sighed in relied. Buti naman gumana.

"Bakit mo ginawa yun, El?" He asked worriedly with a hint of scolding.

I smiled at him.

"My blood belongs to you and to you alone, Stell. I'm your mate, am I not?"

With that I slipped into unconsciousness and fell into a dreamless sleep.

-end-

Note: This is my first time writing something about vampires. This two shot is inspire by a wattpad book entitled The Vampire's Pet. Read it! It's a good vampire book. :)

What do you think? Bagay ba kay Stell?

Please vote and share your thoughts in the comment section!

-B.