Spark - John Paulo Nase

Note: this is inspired by a shardon one shot that i read and i wanted to have one with sejun so here you go. :)

JUSTIN and Josh were seating on the farthest back of the closed auditorium where the final round of the annual Philippine Psychological Debate is being held. As psychology undergraduates they were required to attend the said event but regardless of that, they would still scramble to their feet just to watch the debate because they are huge admirers of their two seniors. They were constantly whispering to each other their commentaries regarding the debate that just happened between the two most famous and most accomplished debaters of the rival schools: St. Anthony University of Manila and Unibersidad de Manila-John Paulo Nase and Georgina Reyes.

These two were rivals since they were senior high school students of their respective universities, they often battle with each other head on in debates and psychological quiz bees until now.

"I bet Ms. Reyes will win this time around, Josh. Her final statement regarding Freud's theories was just so on point!" Hindi mapigilan ni Justin na wika sa kaniyang kaklase. "She makes so much sense! Bakit nga ba hindi ko naisip yun nung pinagawa tayo ng paper ni Doc Agnes tungkol don?"

"Sabi nga sa isang quotation 'Great minds think alike.' Ms. Reyes has a great mind while you my friend-"

Josh was not able to finish what he was about to say because Justin smacked his head. Natawa na lamang siya sa kaniyang kaibigan.

"I must admit that her statements were clear-cut and solid but Mr. Nase definitely made sense as well. He contradicted Ms. Reyes' Freudian beliefs very well."

Ibinaling muli ni Justin ang kaniyang atensyon sa dalawang taong nakatayo sa magkabilang dulo ng entablado sa harapan. Georgina and John Paulo were sizing each other up while looking fiercely towards each other. If looks could kill then they're probably both dead by now. The animosity between them were very tangible that both Justin and Josh can't help but say,

"Spark."

They looked at each other and nodded. What they saw was definitely a spark, not the "love" kind of spark but rather a kind of spark that could create a massive blazing inferno. Their seniors really hated each other's guts.

Their attention went back to the stage once more when Doc Bong, the facilitator, tapped the mic twice.

"Sorry for the long wait. The panel had deliberated the answers, statements and scores of our competitors fair and square. Therefore, the winner of this year's Philippine Psychological Debate is Ms. Georgina Reyes-"

The audience clapped and cheered on Georgina. Her face lit up, she looked as if she was shining despite of her morena countenance. While on the other hand, Paulo's face fell almost immediately but still smiled for the victory of his rival.

"and Mr. John Paulo Nase! This year's debate concluded with a tie!"

With that, the audience went wild. Never. Never in these two's competition that they tied. It has always been either Georgina or Paulo. It was just that moment that they tied. The crowd kept on cheering and shouting.

The two winners walked to the center of the stage to receive their certificates and to have a picture together.

"Josh! Josh ilabas mo cellphone mong bigatin bilis!" Justin exclaimed. Nagmadali namang inilabas ni Josh ang kaniyang cellphone para makuhanan ng litrato ang dalawa. The rest of the crowd did as well. Why wouldn't they? It was very rare for her and Paulo to be together in one frame because they are always after each other's throat or just plain glaring at each other. They all took a burst of pictures of the next happenings.