Chapter 17 ☹︎

B

I

L

L

I

E

I look at ember, she's sobbing on the floor, her hands cling to her shoulders. She's yelling things I don't understand. I step towards her, only to have her move away from me.

I don't know even what to do, I've never seen her like this before. I don't know what's going on, and I don't know how to help her.

I hear the front door open and close. "Ember?" Someone says.

It's nay, thank fucking god.

"Nay, ember needs help!" I yell. I hear her footsteps down the hallway, and suddenly she's standing in front of me.

Nay doesn't look surprised, she looks like she knows what to do. No confusion is written on her face. She looks at me and then at ember again. Kneeling to the floor, she seems to comfort her.

"Get out." She says, not even looking at me. I stand up, and twist around her to get out the door. The door shuts behind me and I'm left in a dark hallway, while hearing the sobs from ember on the other side.

God how the fuck could I be so stupid, I didn't want to text her, because I didn't know when the interview would end.

I shouldn't have even been in the house, is this my fault? Was it something I did?

She looked the same as I remember, except now she had a really big scar on her stomach. It went from the middle of her bra, halfway down from there.

She fell apart, once she knew that I was looking at it. It was rude as fuck of me, actually the whole situation was, but I hadn't expected that she'd strip down to almost nothing right as she walked in the door.

I fucking hate myself. Every time me and ember have something good, I ruin it. We weren't even anything this time, but she didn't look at me and look like she was going to break down.

But now it's all ruined, why? Because I stepped over a boundary, one that seems to tear ember apart.

I make my way to the couch, I can't hear ember cry anymore. I don't like the sound. I don't like it at all. Every time she's upset I swear I wanna best the shit out of anyone and anything that could have possibly made her cry.

But this time it was me.

It was my fault, if I hadn't had been in that bedroom, she wouldn't be where she is now.

I look at my phone. 10:24 am.

10:27.

10:34

10:41.

10:56.

Nay comes out the room, her arms crossed over her chest. She looks at me, almost disgust in her eyes. It's written all on her face. She doesn't like me.

"Why do you continue to do this to her?" She asks. My eyebrows furrow, what?

"Do what?" I ask.

"Why do you hurt her" she asks. Her face is no longer held in disgust, or anger. Her expression is soft, and the words are tainted in sadness that run from her mouth.

"I don't want to" I mention.

She just strictly nods her head. Biting the inside of her lip she huffs out. She turns around, seeming to walk toward the bedroom.

"Nay?" I question. She looks at me, her eyes on mine.

"Where did the scar come from" I ask. She nods her head. Not looking at me anymore. She looks hurt. Really hurt.

"That isn't my story to tell, I can't give you that answer." She speaks. "But what just happened, sent her back about ten steps in her healing process Billie."

I nod my head. It's my fault. Fuck. I feel like I'm about to burst into tears, my eyes feel heavy, my legs feel weak.

"Is she okay?" I ask her.

This seems to get to her, her face changes into an emotion I can't depict.

"You should probably go Billie." She mumbles. "Em needs some space" she says.

She heads to the bedroom door, I can hear her say something to ember, maybe a goodbye or something. From what I can hear, ember doesn't respond.

Nay grabs her bag off the counter. I'm close behind her, she leaves the door slightly open for me as I put my shoes on. I look around the floor to see her dress and shoes.

My phon buzzes in my hand, I look quickly to see a text.

809-183-9827
I'm sorry

Edit contact    Block contact   Hide alerts

                              Edit contact
                                 {ember}

   Contact has been successfully changed. 

  Me
Don't be sorry
  It wasn't your fault

——-
It had been over a week. A week since Billie and nay alike had seen ember. Nay for a text once or twice a day with just a dot. Just to let her know she was okay.

Ember hasn't barely left bed, she was sweaty, hungry and upset. She didn't want to leave her bed. Her room was a mess by now, she just ransacked through everything to find different clothes every other day or so.

Her black hair was tangled, her makeup smudged almost all off. She wore a big t shirt and thick sweatpants, she got food once a day.

Most days at least.

There was days where she didn't eat at all, or just simply ate a few chips. She was hungry, but she didn't really care. She didn't feel like eating.

Billie just wanted to talk to her, she wanted to ask her what happened, what that was, and where the scar came from.

But, She didn't want to push. God at this point that's the last thing she would want to do. Especially seeing how ember ended up the first time she pushed a boundary.

Billies phone vibrates, her screen lighting up from a name she recognizes.

Ember
Can you come over?
We need to talk.