Chapter 1

My eyes fluttered open when I woke up. Stretching my arms out, I sat up on top of the king-sized bed that I had only myself to share with. The sunlight was peeking out through the thin fabric of my white curtains. I checked the time displayed on my phone; 8:35 am. I got up and out of my bed, walking around my empty apartment with semi-consciousness. I have been living on my own ever since I was able to four years ago. I was sixteen when mum and dad kicked me out of the house after the discovery that I was a dropout. They couldn't live with the shame of raising a high-school dropout and I would have never agreed on going back to school. Luckily though, my aunt and uncle decided to take me in. Whether they felt sympathy for me or self-interest for the parents they had never become, I would never know. They soon regretted that they ever chose to take me in when they began seeing me with different guys every week. They hated that but they knew I couldn't be controlled. Thankfully for me, they didn't have the heart to kick me out like my parents did. When I turned eighteen, I moved out to spare them the trouble and even though they denied it, I knew they were relieved that I was leaving. They gave me some money to start out and I moved into this apartment. Now, it's been four years and I'll be turning twenty two in a month from now.

After breakfast, I took out my phone and called Daniel. I tapped my feet impatiently as I awaited for him to answer my call. After a few rings, he answered. His voice was a bit raspy like it always was in the morning. Probably just woke up, I thought.

"Hey, Babe." He said into the phone.

"Daniel, we need to talk."

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

"I think it's better if we do this in person." I suggested.

"Okay, where do you want to meet?"

"I'll go over to your place in an hour or two."

"Okay." He agreed. "Love yo-"

"Bye." I ended the call.

After I got out of the shower, I put on the outfit that I chose earlier and put on my makeup as I got ready. I looked up at the clock, grabbed my bag and headed over to Daniel's apartment. I got out of the car and knocked on the door. Within a minute or two, Daniel came out.

"Madison." He said. "Come in." He moved to the side to let me enter. He closed the door behind me and smiled.

"Daniel I-" His lips cut me off. I backed away and he looked at me confused but didn't bother asking. He just continued until he found the zipper on my dress. He had it unzipped half way until I pushed him off.

"Babe, what's wrong?"He said as I stepped away and slid the zipper back up.

I shook my head. "Daniel, it's over."

"What do you mean it's over?"

"I mean that we're through." I said as I headed toward the door.

"Madison-" He held onto my wrist but I shook him off.

"Goodbye Daniel." I left his apartment. He followed me until I got into the car and drove off.

"How'd he react?" Kira asked. I shook my head as I poured some champagne into a glass.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I left right away."

"Really? Without any explanation as to why you broke up with him?"

"Yup." I nodded and set the glass in front of the customer. I had just started my shift and for some reason the bar was really packed, more so than usual. Was there something happening today that I forgot about?

"So, what do you plan on doing now?" She asked before taking a woman's order.

"Party. Look for some guys." I answered without having to think about it.