𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

( outfit for chapter
above )

( outfit for chapter above )

chapter eight. down the path of righteousness
════ ͛͛ ════

WHEN ELIZA AND Caroline exited the taxi, the two stared in awe. "My god, this is way better than Elena's house. Ours may be bigger but this feels like a home."

"It looks tacky." Caroline said, her eyebrows raised at the colorful house.

"Don't let Phoebe hear you say that." voice said from beside them. Eliza grinned, turning and seeing Regina.

"Decided not to pop in my head this time?" Eliza teased. Regina shrugged.

"I wanted to see my brother." She replied.

Caroline and Eliza looked at her in surprise, "Brother?!"

"Yeah, Leo's my brother."

"When were you gonna tell me you had siblings?" Eliza looked at her expectantly.

"Oh! Well I don't know. I was way older than him and died two years before he was born. I found him two years before you were born only to find out that he'd become a Whitelighter too." Regina smiled fondly.

"Why were you surprised he was a Whitelighter?" Caroline questioned.

"Only certain witch spirits can be Whitelighters. You have to die an honorable death." Regina explained. Caroline nodded in response.

"We should go knock on the door." Eliza sighed. Regina winced slightly, a ringing in her ears.

"Call me if you need me. I have to handle something." Regina said, disappearing again.

"I thought she wanted to see her brother?" Caroline questioned. Eliza walked away with a chuckle and ascended up the stairs.

"Regina doesn't handle emotion well. She disappears when it's time to face them. She's all talk no bite." Eliza replied, pulling her sunglasses up to look at the place properly.

"I can hear you, you know."

"I said what I said." Eliza quipped, ringing the doorbell.

"I'll never get used to you just responding to her aloud when she's in your head." Caroline chortled.

"Elena said that to me. I told her to close her ears." Eliza grinned, still awaiting someone to answer the door.

Caroline just chuckled at her response, shaking her head. "I'll get it!" A voice yelled from behind the door.

"Are you ready for this?" Caroline whispered hastily.

"I have to be." Eliza sighed.

The door swung open to see a short tanned woman with brown hair that was styled into two buns with two strands falling down the sides of her face. Both Eliza and Caroline towered over her but she radiated confidence and superiority.