𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

chapter twenty. broken-hearted
girl
════ ⋆͛♡⋆͛ ════

ELENA GASPED AWAKE, shooting up from her spot. Her eyes searched for where she was until the dust hit her nose. The dust meant she was in the old witch house on the corner of town. Her eyes continued to search, barely seeing and only hearing muffled voices.

"Eliza? Stefan?" She called out. The wind whipped in her ears, Stefan standing before her. She could tell by the crinkle in his forehead and his saddened eyes that something had gone wrong. "What's going on? What's happening?" Elena questioned, placing her feet on the ground and standing up.

"Hey. Hey. Hey. I'm here.." Stefan rushed to her aid, using vampire speed to reach her.

"Stefan? Did it work? Where's Eliza?" Elena looked around for her sister, she felt kind of empty so she knew something was wrong.

"It worked." He told her. "But, something happened to Eliza."

"Tell me. Don't hold back." Elena eyed Stefan.

"She tried to kill Klaus but they have a some sort of link and what she was doing to him started affecting herself. She kept on after you died. Her grief blinded her and she was so close to killing him. She seemed in pain and this red mist lifted her and Klaus off the ground. The mist shot out from her chest and it created a sort of force field. None of us could get out. It's better to just show you." Stefan lifted his hands and waited for her to give her permission.

Elena nodded, letting him share his memory.

Elena gasped as they broke apart and tears welled in her eyes.

"He took her?! You should've left me if it meant she was safe! He could've killed her by now. Eliza could be dead and it would be all my fault. I brought her to this shit hole. My selfishness costed her life. " Elena sobbed, her hands cradling her ears.

"Elena, If I've learned anything about Eliza the few months she's been here, I know she's a survivor. She will be home, I can promise that. I was on my way out to hopefully find a solution." Stefan dragged, dreading the moments leading up to right now.

"A solution to what? You can't beat Klaus on your own." Elena huffed, nothin was making sense. What did he mean?

"Damon was bit by Tyler when he saved him and Caroline. The witches said Klaus was the answer." Stefan admitted sadly, hoping Klaus did have the answers. He couldn't afford to lose his brother when they were on the cusp of returning to who they were before Katherine Pierce.

"Stefan, no. No, he will kill you. Please." Elena begged, gripping Stefan's jacket.

"I have to save Damon." Stefan finalized, kissing her forehead before speeding away. Elena sobbed, everything hitting her.