Chapter 20

June 2021
1 year later

“Finn honey, are you sure you really want to go? I mean honestly, we have nothing left in Lima, plus you really didn’t want to go at first.” Lauren tried to reason with her son, who was now 21 years old, fresh out of the army, and wanting to go back to the one place that she dreaded him to go for he could find out the horrible truth of what she had done years ago.

“Mom, Kurt and Blaine are getting married, I’m the best man, of course I’m going, I know I said I didn’t want to go, but it’s not something I could miss. I don’t understand why you would be against this.” Finn couldn’t understand his mother at the moment.

Blaine had finally gotten the courage to ask Kurt to marry him, the minute the two had been discharged Blaine went to a ring shop, and days later he was on bended knee.

He was ecstatic for his friend, they both had been through so much, and he was happy that at least one of them could get their happy ending.

“I know, it’s just, Finn Lima doesn’t really have happy times for us.” Lauren tried to bullshit her way through the situation, hoping that Finn could somewhat find a reason not to go, go where she was.

“Mom, my best friend is getting married, I’m a big boy mom, I can handle myself, the shit I went through the last three years, the people I’ve lost, the friends I’ve had to lose, I think seeing a couple of faces that hurt me won’t do much damage. Now if you don’t mind mom, I need to get some packing done.” Finn said. Lauren sighed, knowing that she had no effect on her son’s decision. She just hoped to god, that Rachel Berry had really moved on like she thought, and that when she saw her son, she would not speak a word.

                                X

“Rachel order’s up!” Rachel turned her head around and smiled as, Josh, the chef had claimed her order had been up. Rachel was now 18, almost ready to be graduating, and much to her satisfaction she was going to be named valedictorian.

She had started working at Breadsticks about 4 months earlier, much to her daddy's dismay, but Rachel being the girl she was, knew that she had just turned 18, and she didn’t know what she would be doing, and that if her parents would not support her choices in what path she took, she would be able to support herself independently.

Part of her still hoped and wished that Finn would stick to his promise he made to her years ago, the promise he made that he’d return when she turned 18 he’d come back to her, and they’d live their lives together. That was part of the reason as to why she worked where she did, it was a stupid naive decision, and Rachel knew better than to think that that could possibly come true, but her hope was the only thing that kept her to Finn.

Though she was still going strong with Jesse, and she knew Finn had fully moved on, she still could never let go of him. He was the love of her life and he would always be. She never wanted to let go of what they had, because she cherished what they shared everyday of her life.

So she held on to the very little part that Finn held in her heart and she started working at the Restaurant. Though her daddy didn’t like it, she was 18 when she started working and her daddy had no control or say in the matter, which made the situation even more thrilling for Rachel.

Then there was Jesse, who too wasn’t to keen on the situation, he felt that Rachel shouldn’t have to be working, that she should just concentrate on important things, but Jesse just couldn’t understand that part of Rachel. Jesse was never the independent type that was one of his flaws; it took him 6 years for him to learn how to tie his shoes, while it took her only 2.