Chapter 4

Another day in the studio. Ridge and Ryne were up on the roof. Maddie and Tae were with me in the writers room. We weren't writing, mostly talking.

"How's Ridge's song coming along?" Maddie asks.

"Well, I don't know. Last night she was struggling still, but I think she's gotten somewhere" I say.

"Shes a brilliant songwriter" Tae adds.

"She is. I can't wait to hear what she comes up with. My guess is since their anniversary is December 1st, she's going to wait until the Christmas party to sing it to him" I say. We had a huge Christmas party with everyone every year and each year Ridge and Isaiah went all out. The 1st anniversary, Isaiah gave her a heart shaped necklace. The 2nd year, she got a bracelet with a picture from each month of their second year as a couple together. The third year, he gave her a promise ring. I couldn't wait to see what it would be this year.

"Good, then we can all hear it" Maddie says with a smile. We all smiled at her comment. The door opened up and Carrie and Isaiah walked in.

"Let's ask him now" Tae says. "Isaiah, what are you getting Ridge for Christmas?". He blushes and looks at the ground. His brown hair fell from his head to his shoulders, just like Tuck's, but it wasnt long enough for a bun.

"You'll have to wait and see" He says.

"Oh, please" Maddie says. "We won't tell".

"I know, because I'm not telling y'all. I do want to find that beautiful girl, though" He says.

"Roof" I say. He nods and leaves. Carrie sits down.

"Do you know what it is?" Tae asks Carrie. She smiles.

"I do. I'm his mama, he had to tell me and Mike" She says.

"Well, don't tell us, but do you think that Ridge will like it?" I ask.

"I...I think it's going to be something she keeps with her for the rest of her life" She says. Maddie raises an eyebrow.

"Will Isaiah like a song that she wrote for him?" She asks. Carrie nods.

"You know that boy has loved her since the day she was born" She says.

"Yeah, literally. I've got the pictures of him holding her to prove it" I say. "I'll never forget when he said that he loved her. He was just four years old, and now he's twenty one and actually in love with her".

"Crazy how things work out" Carrie says.

"Yeah. Isaiah and Ridge. Jase and Ryne. And Rocky and Rissa don't care about boys yet, and Kane and Jake are just doing their own things" Maddie states.

"I wouldn't be so sure about Rocky and Riss. Ryne might have let something slip last night" I say.

"Oh boy" Tae says.

"Ryne seems to think that Rocky likes Kane, but Kane likes Marissa. I think Rocky may think the same thing" I say.

"If my boy likes one of them, he hasn't told me about it yet" Tae says.

"Rissa hasn't said anything about liking Kane" Maddie chimes in.

"Rocky swears that she doesn't like him, but I think she just doesn't want to seem like her sisters. I'm going to try to figure it out" I say.

"I can't believe our babies are old enough for this" Carrie says.

"How can they be in love? Do they even know what love is?" Maddie asks. I think she secretly hated that Jase was in a relationship, because he was her baby, but since he was dating Ryne, she dealt with it. Ryne was like her daughter.

"They're...not really babies anymore" I say. Just then, Ryne, Ridge, and Isaiah walk in. "But they're always going to be our babies".

"Mama, we're almost adults" Ryne says. I pull her down into my lap and hold her like a baby.

"But you're my baby and you always will be" I say. "That goes for you two, and don't you forget it". I said pointing to Ridge.

"What about when we have babies?" Ryne asks sitting up from my lap.

"Oh, no. God, no. We are not talking babies right now" Maddie says. "Especially when you're with my baby boy".

"You know it's going to happen one day" She says. I think it kind of annoyed Ryne when Maddie got all "mama bear" on her and Jase, but being a mother, I knew where Maddie was coming from.

"That day ain't going to be anytime soon" Maddie says getting up from the table. "I'm heading home, I'll see you all for Friday Dinner".

"See ya" I say as she exits the room.

"Maddie, Tae, and I are the lucky ones with at least one boy. I don't understand why she's freaking out" Carrie says.

"Exactly. I should be worried. I've got girls. They're the ones that get pregnant" I say.

"Don't worry about Rocky or Riss" Ridge says. "Or Isaiah and I for that matter. We don't want kids for a while".

"Jase and I don't either. She really shouldn't be worried" Ryne says.

"Well, honey. That's her baby boy. She probably just doesn't want to see him grow up. I don't want to see my girls grow up, and Carrie and Tae probably don't want to see their babies grow up either. It's just part of being a mama".

"We're all still kids. Even down to me sometimes" Isaiah says.

"Baby, I wish you all would stay like that forever" Carrie says. He smiles.

"Mama, I'll always be your baby boy" He says.

"Another girl has your heart, though" She says.

"Yeah, but you have part of it that she never will" He says.

"Gee, thanks" Ridge says. She pretended to walk out of the room, but he caught her arm and spun her into his chest. He kissed her forehead.

"I love you" He says.

"I love you too" She replies.

"Forver and Always" they say in unison. I looked at Carrie and she looked me. We both smiled with tears in our eyes. She walked over to me and leaned down and whispered in my ear.

"Not too long ago, that was you and Tuck. I don't know what about you, but I'd say if they take a step back and look at yours and Tuck's life, they'd see theirs".

"I think you're right. It's our job to get them on the right track, though. Along with Ryne, Rocky, Jacob, and all the other kids".

"Good thing we've seen some things in our lifetime" She says.

"Let the games begin" Carrie says. I smile again. I couldn't wait to see where life took us this time around.