Chapter 34

***

Oklahoma had problems. Tae snapped on Ridge and said that she had become someone she didnt even know anymore. Ridge got mad and told Tae that she wasnt a kid anymore and that she was a married, career woman and wanted to focus on that. They didn't talk for a couple of days, but the. Oddly enough, Hannah got through to Tae and I got through to Ridge and now they were made up again.

The past couple months had flown by. It was already May 18th. Jase had turned seventeen and Rocky had turned sixteen. Today was actually a really fun day, because we had a day off and Ryne was finding out the gender of the baby. We were in South Dakota, so she found a hospital and made an appointment. She was having a gender reveal party for everyone tomorrow too. She went to the hospital with Jase and Jonah, who joined us for the reveal,  to find out the gender while the rest of us kind of did our own thing. Jonah was going to be getting the balloons for tomrrow and finding out the gender today.

I just wanted some time away from everything with Tuck. We only got to have days to ourselves like this every once in a while. Today, we decided to travel to the Black Hills are do some hiking. It was only the two of us and the beautiful mountains for miles and miles.

"Baby, how is it already May?" I ask as we hiked hand in hand.

"Time flies when you're having fun" He says. "The tour ends in November".

"We're going to be grandparents by then" I say. He smiles and looks at me.

"Remember when we were those twenty two year old kids that didn't know we were in love? Now, we're the parents of two eighteen year olds and a sixteen year old with a grandbaby on the way" He says. 

"Remember when we saw Carrie in concert in valentine's day?" I ask.

"Of course I do. We were classic" He says quoting my song.

"My dress your leather jacket" I say. He stops and pulls me into him and kisses me gently.

"I was in love with you then and I am in love with you now, Eliza Rose" He says. "Completely and Untterly in love with you".

"I love you too, Tucker Ethan" I say. He pulls out his phone and takes a selfie of us. My head was nuzzled into his chest and he was kissing the top of my head. He immediately posted the photo saying: "look at these two kentucky kids. we've come a long way, but i wouldn't trade it for the world, baby".

Part of me wanted to sob anytime I was with Tuck because I had never been so in love and felt more love from a human before. He was rock and my world. I had no clue what I would do without him. A world without Tucker Edwards was a world that I wanted absolutely no part of.