Chapter 43

Show days were always difficult when a new baby was born for the new mamas. Ryne was dreading going on stage, but knew that he was in good hands with all of us backstage.  Hannah currently had him. Ryne was on stage.

"I can't get over how tiny he is" She says. He weighed 6lbs.

"Ryne and Jase were both small babies, so maybe that's why" I say.

"She's right. Ryne was 5lbs and Jase was 6lbs. Plus, Ryne is tiny now, so there wasn't too much room for the poor kid to grow" Maddie jokes. Hannah just smiled down at him. He was wide awake looking at her too.

"She's on cloud 9 with him. We may need Ridge to fill in for her tonight" Jennifer jokes.

"Yeah, what do you think, Han?" Naomi asks. They were going to just pester her now because she wasnt paying a bit of attention to anything else but Easton.

"Yeah, sounds cool" Hannah says. Jennifer and Naomi look at each other and shake their heads. "I love you, baby E. I'm auntie Hannah, and when you're big, I'm going to teach you how to play my favorite insturments, and you can sing with the band. I love you more than you know". She kissed his forehead and he just looked at her with his big brown eyes. I look over to Maddie and lean over to whisper.

"I'm going to sound like everyone else, but-". Maddie cut me off.

"Yeah, I know. She should have been a Mother" Maddie whispers. I nod. We look back over to Hannah and Easton. She was signing to him.

"In my dreams, you reach out for me. In my dreams, I reach out for you. I wake up crying. There's nothin I can do. Even the wild roses are blue". She sang. That baby boy was so loved.

***
Ryne had clung to Easton from the time she got off stage to now, I wanted to steal him away during Runaway June's set. They always sang 'Lipstick' last, and even though Easton was a boy, I figured they could have some fun with it.

I knew they liked to talk to the audience before they sang the song, so I grabbed a mic and walked out and interrupted Naomi.

"Hey, Hey, Hey. I'm sorry, y'all, but I've got a surprise" I say. Hannah immediately spotted Easton and went to get him.

"Liza Rose, I think I know what you're up too" Jennifer says into the mic. I smile.

"I think I do too, but it ain't working out" Naomi says. "Little E doesnt have the right parts". I laugh and so does the audience.

"If you guys don't know, eighteen years ago when Liza had her daughters, Naomi and I made it a habit to sing this next song to them, so they would know never to let a man ruin their mascara. Easton, is Ryne Edwards son, so the baby girl that I sang that to is a mama. Even if I can't tell him to find somebody that ruins his lipstick, I can tell him to never ruin a girls mascara" Hannah says. The crowd cheers. They then started to sing the song. Hannah left out her mandolin for this performance and just danced around with Easton. Talk about another full circle moment. Our family seemed to have a lot of those lately, but I loved it. I love this life.