Chapter 8

It was a week before Christmas. We were in a full blown rehearsal for the show, and this was our last run. We had figured out all our lighting, sounds, props, instruments, and the order everyone was going. Ryne was starting, followed by Jase, Isaiah, Ridge, Carrie, Maddie and Tae, Runaway June, and Me. We were all stressed and freaking out a bit, but we knew everything would fall into place as we got to our opening night on January 2nd. I was currently watching Tuck trying to argue over lights with Naomi. I don't know why he would even try that, because she was ruthless and wouldn't give up. Hannah and Jenn always let her do the talking when things like that came up. Maddie and Tae were looking at some wardrobe stuff with Ryne and Ridge, and the boys were organizing insturments. Carrie and I were just standing talking.

"Noting is was better than seeing Naomi argue with someone. Maddie and Tae geek out over fashion and our boys hard to work" She says. I laugh.

"Yeah. Definitely takes me back to Women of Wilder" I say.

"Me too. I'll never forget Naomi yelling at a nurse in Indiana over you. They wouldn't give us an update and she threw a fit" She says. I had heard that story a hundred times, and I loved it each time.

"Remember when we used to talk about a reunion tour? Now it's...happening. I mean, I still have the picture from when Tuck proposed to me on stage and Isaiah was just a little guy and now he's a man" I say.

"We should recreate that picture" She says. I smile.

"Think Tuck can still hold Isaiah the way he used too?" I ask.

"They were just the best of friends" She says.

"I remember the first night, Maddie, Tae, Tuck, Isaiah, and I all stood in the back if the arena in a private balcony area and watch Runaway June's set and Tuck and Isaiah danced around and sang 'Buy My Own Drinks' together. I had never seen Tuck so happy" I say reliving that vivid moment. "That was when I was hoping that one day he would have a son".

"Ah, but life had a different plan" She says.

"It did" I agree.

"Well, Mike and I always wanted a girl, and we tried, but you know how it all turned out" She says.

"I know. I remember all those nights we'd talk about how it wasnt up to us and it was all on God" I say. "That helped me through so many things with the girls growing up".

"All these changes over the years and you know the one thing that stayed the same through it all?" She asks.

"What?" 

"We all still remained a family" She says. I smile at her.

"I'm gonna pull and me and Tuck, but we'll be family forver and always".

***
After I had gotten home, the girls went to their rooms and Tuck and I sat out on the back porch. We always liked ti unwind this way.

"Was your day good?" He asks. He was pouring our favorite wine into glasses.

"Yeah. Carrie and I talked a lot today. We were reminiscing" I say.

"You guys looked like you were having the time of your life onstage today. It took me back to seeing you come up from the floor singing roses every night" He says.

"It's been a while since I was that baby" I say.

"It has been, but you're still that star your mama always said you were" He says. I smile.

"She would be so proud wouldn't she?" I ask.

"She would be. To see the kind of woman and mother you've become. The wife you are to me and the friend you are to everyone else. I'm proud of you" He says. I take his hand in mine.

"I don't thank you enough. I've never thanked you enough for loving me the way that you do, and taking care of me and the girls the way you do, and even loving our friends the way you do. In seventeen years, there has never been a day that goes by that you don't tell all of us girls that we're beautiful or gorgeous, that includes all our friends too. I don't deserve you" I say.

"You deserve the world" He says.

"I have the world. You're my world, and you always have been. I love you endlessly".