Chapter 18

***Ridge's POV***

After I had my talk with Hannah, I talked to mom and dad on the bus. We all decided it would be best for me to tell Isaiah sooner rather than later. I sat awake all night thinking and writing about what we talked about and what Hannah had said. Something she said actually made me want to write a new song, and that's exactly what I did.

When we got to the hotel we would be at for the next few days, I immediately went to find Isaiah. He was out my the pool. I was holding my engagement ring in my hand. I walked up to him and sat next to the chair beside him.

"Can we talk?" I ask. He looks at me then at the ground, but ultimately sat up to face me.

"Not if you're going to yell" He says. I sigh.

"I'm not. I-I...there's something that I need you to know, but I'm scared to tell you" I say. He raises an eyebrow.

"I know something's going on" He says.

"I haven't exactly been...honest with you" I say. "I've been scared to be honest, but you need to know".

"What happened, baby?" He asks.

"Uh, well...it actually involves...babies" I say. His face lit up.

"You're pregnant?" He asks.

"I-".

"Oh, my god! Baby, we're gonna be parents!" He says. "Oh, it makes sense. That's why you've been moody. That's why you took off the ring, you're swelling and it doesn't fit. Oh, it makes sense. I'm so sorry for assuming the worst. Baby, I love you". He hugged me so tight. Tears filled the rims of my eyes.

"Isaiah, I'm not pregnant" I say. He pulls away. "I-I'm not".

"Oh" He says. His face fell. "Then...what?". I take a deep breath.

"I was pregnant. I didn't know it, but I was 6 weeks. I fainted on stage the other day because I had a miscarriage" I say. He looked like his heart had broken.

"I...I don't even know what to say" He says. "Are you okay?".

"I'm...fine, but that isn't it" I say. "The doctor diagnosed me with some blood  clotting issues where clots constantly form in my uterus, and on top of that, I had Endometriosis".

"What does that mean?" He asks.

"It...It means that I won't be able to have children. We won't be able to have kids" I say. He rubbed his hands over his face. "I'm so sorry, Isaiah".

"Why? You didn't do anything wrong. You can't help it" He says.

"You're not mad?" I ask.

"Why would I be? I love you, and I'm going to be here for you through everything. That's what a finance does" He says.

"You still want to marry me?" I ask. He laughs.

"Yes, I still want to marry you. I've wanted to since I could remember. I don't care if we can have kids or not. We can adopt. I only care about having you and loving you forever. That is, if you want that too" He says. I start crying.

"That's all I ever wanted. I love you so much" I say. He stands up and pulls me into him.

"You and Me forever, right?" He says.

"And always" I say. He pulls away.

"I know you didn't send the ring to the cleaners. Where is it?" He asks. I pull it out of my pocket. He took it and held my hand. "Will you still marry me?".

"Any day of the week" I say as he slid the ring on my finger.

"Okay. How about March 19th. Next month. In a few weeks" He says.

"Seriously?" I ask. He nods. "Let's do it".

"I don't want to wait any longer" He says. "I've waited twenty one years to marry you, and I don't want to wait another second". I lean in and kiss him.

"Don't worry about waiting. You've got me forever, and that's a promise".