The Weapons: Habit

Living with Habit is fun ... sometimes. When he's not mocking me for my music taste, or biting my ear until I pay attention to him, the big baby is playing with his weapons collection.

I swear he has a damn arsenal.

"Habit, remember what we're doing today?" I ask him as I walk in the room where he keeps his "weapon table" and trying to tie my shirt  -  and failing miserably.

"Uh, nothing?" he says.

I roll my eyes. Typical guy, forgetting the important things in life. Honestly, where would guys be without girls? Probably dead. No, definitely dead, I think.

"No, we're going to the baseball game. Remember now?"

"Oh, right."

"You forgot."

"No! No, I just ... was thinking about something else."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Sorry." He stands up and walks over, then ties my shirt for me. I blush furiously. He grins. "You are beautiful tonight."

"Thanks," I mumble. Then I look at him. "You can't bring weapons in."

"Who says I have weapons?"

"Habit, come on. They've got metal detectors and such."

He sighs. "You're lucky I like you." Then he starts to remove weapons from his body.

"All of them."

He groans. Then he removes a few more.

"Come on, Habit. All of them."

He shakes his head and takes a little knife out of his boot. Then he looks up at me, raising his hands.

"Can I come, too? I mean, I am a weapon ..."

"No killing people unless you have to."

"Jesus, what is with you and all these rules?"

I sigh and he laughs, touching my arms. "Y/n, it's fine. I'm just teasing you."

"Okay. Let's go."

"Well, I have a faster way of getting there," he says, his eyes sparkling. "Call me your cosmic taxi."

"Okay, Habit the Cosmic Taxi," I giggle.

"You know, y/n, you're really lucky I like you." He takes my hand. "Let's go before you come up with more rules."