Fear Can Turn to Love: Habit

Requested by theamazingwiccan  - thanks for the idea, love!

I sit alone in my room, staring at the wall. Habit is outside my door, talking to me. I've locked it, and since he's "being nice" as he calls it, he has not broken in yet.

Here's the thing; I am terrified of Habit. I really, truly am. I have been watching since the beginning and I know that he never leaves people alive. He's going to kill me. Trick me, deceive me, and then kill me.

But I am not going to go down without a fight.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Habit asks.

"Go away!" I shout.

"Don't do this, y/n. You can't just lock yourself in this room for the rest of your life. I brought you here for a reason," he says.

"Yeah, to kill me."

Suddenly, he appears in front of me. I shriek and crawl backwards on my bed, but he just raises his hands in surrender.

"Hey, I promise I'm not going to hurt you," he says. "I ... I brought you here for a reason, like I said."

"Go away," I hiss.

He grabs my hand and I slap him with my free one. He recoils and snarls at me. Then he steps close, so we are sharing each other's air. I try to get away from him, but he holds me in place.

"Y/n, listen to me. I'm not going to hurt you. If I wanted to, I would have already," he says. "I ... I have a .... I like you."

I stop struggling then, totally confused. "What?"

"Y/n, I like you. That's why you're here. You're here because I like you a lot and I wanted you to be here with me."

I look at him, my heart aching. I'm so scared right now, and he's so close to me that I could touch him. But I don't want to. I'm too scared.

"I know you're scared of me, and I'm sorry. All I can say is that I am trying to be better than that again, I'm trying to not be so evil. But I really like you. So, do you think you'd at least be up for trying to be friends first?"

"You are serious?" I ask him.

"Yes."

I don't know what to say, but before I can make up my mind on what I should say, my mouth replies "Yes".

"Thank you, y/ n. I promise you that you won't regret this. Okay?" he says.

I nod. "Okay."