Messed Up: Evan

I stare in shock as Evan opens the door to the house and slowly locks up behind himself.  He's covered in blood  -  it's all over him. He walks over to me, a happy look on his face.

"Oh my God, you're bleeding!"

"What? Oh ... don't worry, it's not mine," he says.

"Don't worry? Don't you know who you're talking to?" I ask.

He laughs a little. "Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm with you now, aren't I?"

"Yes,  but that does not mean I can't worry about you."

"Well, what can I do so you stop worrying?"

"I don't know."

"Come on, I gotta get washed up."

We walk into the bathroom and he takes off his shirt, revealing his wounds that are now closed thanks to Habit. He looks at me as I look at the slash across his stomach that should have killed him.

"How the fuck did you survive that?!" I ask.

"What? Oh, yeah. That. I guess some of the blood was mine," he says, chuckling a little.

"Oh yeah, don't worry at all ..." I mutter under my breath.

"Y/ n,  don't.  Calm down, okay? You are going to get gray hair soon if you keep that up."

"As long as I can ensure that you live to get your gray hair, I will not stop worrying."

He laughs. "I love you, you know that?" He kisses me. "Come on, don't leave me hanging."

I kiss him. "You drive me crazy."

"I know. But you love me for it."

"I do."

He smiles and gestures for me to follow him to shower. And I do.