Hopelessly Lost: Vinny

I have been riding in the car with Vinny for what feels like an eternity. I don't mind, though, if I'm being honest. He has one hand on the wheel, and one on my thigh. My hand is on top of his for now, and we seem to be hopelessly lost.

"Um, didn't you say you knew where to go?"

"Well, I did, but I couldn't remember if the turn a few miles ago was a left or a right."

I look at Vinny. "So we're lost now ..."

"Yep!" he says, chuckling.

"Great."

"Hey, I'm fun to be around," he says.

"You are indeed," I say. "But it is still a bit weird that you don't seem to care that we are lost."

"Well, I'm the one who got us into this mess, so I guess I will be the one to get us out of it." He smiles at me and squeezes my hand gently. I feel heat rise in my chest and cheeks.

"You know, you're the best person to be stuck in a car with for extended periods of time," he says.

I look at him. He isn't looking at me, his eyes are on the road in front of us. But I still feel like he's watching me, waiting for me to say something.

"You are too," I say. "Beats the others, to be honest."

He chuckles. "What, you don't want to be in a car with Habit?"

"Not for this long, no," I say.

He laughs again. "I can't say I blame you, y/n."

Eventually, we pull onto a familiar road with familiar landmarks all around. Vinny grins and says, "Looks like we got out of that pickle."

"Yeah," I say.

"We'll probably be there in about fifteen minutes," he says. "Sorry I got us lost."

It's my turn to squeeze his hand.

"As long as I can spend more time with you, I don't care how long the car ride is."

He lifts my hand to his lips and kisses me. "You're the best."