December 2- Curveball (2)

"Nick, what the fuck is this?"

Nick winced at the bright light, shoving Thad off of him. "What's what? And how'd you get in my room?"

"Irrelevant. And this," Thad said, holding out his phone.

It was a video on some random instagram page, a video of the KissCam showing him reaching over the girl to kiss the boy beside her. He read the caption, blushing.

When he kisses your brother instead of you... 🙈 Awkward!!

"Who videos a KissCam?"

"Really? That's your comment?"

Nick got up, yawning. "Jack and I went to a baseball game, the KissCam landed on me and this random girl. She was pretty, but the boy next to her was stunning, so I kissed him. I didn't think anyone would video it. Besides, it's just on some random meme page."

"Correction, it's on every random meme page. Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, even Tumblr, which I though was dead. Although when it was alive, it was pretty much all gays, so I suppose that makes sense. The ghost gays are reblogging it a lot."

"What about Facebook? Or Pinterest?"

"No, dude, those are old Catholic mom sights. Anyway, my point is that it's gone viral."

"Wait, actually?"

"Yeah. People have like, made it in slow-mo, or edited it, stuff like that. Put music over it. Some celebrities have reposted it."

"That's crazy." Nick picked up his phone, blinking slowly when he saw the screen. "Annnnnd it looks like they figured out who I am. I've been tagged in so many things."

Thad smiled sheepishly. "I may or may not have reposted it and tagged you. Everyone immediately switched to tagging you."

Nick scrolled through his instagram. "I used to have, like, 90 followers. Now I've got over a thousand. And my DMs are full."

"Answer them!" Thad said excitedly. "Maybe one is the guy you kissed!"

He looked through them. "Most are just telling me I'm a legend. I'm not a legend, I'm just gay."

He slowly read through all the messages, hitting a few calling him disgusting and throwing slurs at him. It didn't faze him anymore; he just blocked the accounts.

There was one that made him stop, reading it over again.

Hey. I know chances are you won't see this, but I needed to thank you. My parents are very old fashioned and intolerant, so I can't talk to them about things, much less come out to them. I don't have anyone else to talk to, everyone thinks I'm weird and not in a good way. I was about to give up when I saw this... You gave me hope again. So thank you for that.

"What is it?" Thad asked, reading over his shoulder. He fell quiet as well.

"Smile," Nick said softly, taking a picture of the two of them.

(Photo)
Thad and I will be your
friends. My name's Nick.

They hardly had to wait for a response.

I'm Blaine.