December 11- Tact (1)

He needed to do something.

The news had hit him hard. He didn't know what to think. His lifelong tormentor, the reason he'd been so depressed and tried to take his life several times, had tried to take his own life.

"We should start today's meeting by praying for Karofsky. That he finds peace, and that he feels better."

Kurt shut his eyes, resting his head on the wall outside the room the God Squad was meeting in, listening to Mercedes talking.

"I think we should start today's meeting by praying for his family. They could use the comfort more than he could."

His heart skipped a beat. What did Quinn mean?

"I just don't understand how you could get to such a horrible, dark place," Sam said quietly.

"It's all over facebook. A couple of kids from Karofsky's new school saw him at Breadstix with Kurt on Valentine's Day. They posted mean stuff on his page and texted everyone that he was gay. Just couldn't take it," Mercedes told them.

"How is he? Is he gonna live?" Joe asked.

"Well, he's in the hospital, but thank God his dad found him in time."

Curse God that mine always does too.

"I feel sorry for Karofsky, but what he did was selfish."

Selfish. Quinn's word was a stab at Kurt's heart. She wasn't right, was she?

"He didn't just want to hurt himself, he wanted to hurt everyone around him. I went through the wringer, but I never got to that place."

He couldn't help it. He opened his eyes and walked into the doorway of the room. "Quinn, please. Sure, you had a baby when you were 16, and you had a bad dye job for two weeks, but seriously? The world never stopped loving you. You're going to Yale. You have no idea what Karofsky was struggling with."

"You really want to try to compare-?" she started.

He didn't let her continue. "The despair, the self-loathing."

"It doesn't matter. I just can't imagine things getting so messed up that you would consider taking your own life."

"That is so harsh and reductive." Kurt walked into the room. He wasn't sure if he was defending Karofsky or himself. "Have some compassion. Did you know they're still writing on his facebook? 'Better luck next time,' and 'try, try again.'"

He'd had to delete his facebook. His twitter. His instagram. They never left him alone.

"Why are you even here Kurt? I thought you didn't believe in God," Quinn said.

"He asked me if he could come. I invited him," Joe responded.

"I heard you guys were praying for Karofsky, and after everything that we've been through, I didn't have anywhere else to go. But maybe coming was a mistake."

"What, you think he was right to try and take his own life?" Quinn asked incredulously. "He hurt everyone around him, and he- he only dealt with a week of what you've gone through for years! You've never tried to take your own life!"

He couldn't take it. He just turned and left.