December 14- Advantage (2)

The Dean hardly glanced up when there was a knock on his door. "Come in."

He assumed it was a teacher with a question, or Sterling with information and an unreasonable amount of worry. He'd always pop in, having noticed or overheard things and ask him to look into them. Of course, it was very helpful, but he filled the entire room with anxiety as he waited to see if his classmates were okay.

So it was a complete shock and surprise to find the Smythe boy- Sebastian, he reminded himself- and Thompson in his office, Sebastian letting go of Thompson's arms, which appeared to have been pinned behind his back. Thompson rubbed his arms, mumbling, "Finally."

He leaned back in his chair, taking off his reading glasses and taking a good look at the boys. They both seemed mad, but in two very different ways.

"How can I help you boys?"

"You can remove the pole up Sebastian's ass," Thompson muttered, but it was Sebastian who spoke.

"David and Wes just got in an argument, sir, and David hit him. Twice."

"It's not harassment, he's my boyfriend," Thompson said, sounding bored.

Sebastian looked disgusted. "No, it's domestic abuse, which is worse."

"Last I'd checked, there's no zero-tolerance domestic abuse policy here."

"There's a zero-tolerance domestic abuse policy in the entire United States, David. It's called a law."

Thompson rolled his eyes.

The Dean was shocked by the boy's behavior. Thompson had always been polite, funny, an overall role-model student. He'd never talked to Sebastian before, except the beginning of the year when he requested his teachers be told to not call him by his last name. He had been respectful and proper, as if there'd be a consequence if he did the slightest thing wrong.

"Tell me everything, from the beginning."

"Wes came down from the dorms. David made a comment about him looking beautiful, but Wes was clearly upset, and told David they needed to talk. They stepped aside and Wes said something none of us could hear." Sebastian paused, looking at Thompson.

He shrugged. "He said it quietly for a reason, I don't think he'd want me to tell you. But he might be fine with it, you'd have to ask him."

But there was something in his expression, some sort of pain. It hadn't been there before.

"Finally, some decency," Sebastian said scathingly. "Anyway, David told him not to 'be like that' and put his hand on Wes's waist. Wes told him to get his hands off of him. He didn't and said something, so Wes told him to get his hands off of him again. He didn't so Wes pushed David off of him, which resulted in David suddenly getting angry and yelling for Wes to not push him and hitting him. He claimed he was his boyfriend so he didn't do anything wrong, and Wes said he wasn't his boyfriend anymore, and David asked if it was because Wes was accusing him or something he didn't do or because he, well, he said 'did this' and then hit Wes again. Then I intervened."

The Dean nodded slowly. He could hardly believe what he was hearing. Thompson hadn't denied anything. In fact, he'd confirmed it.

"Alright. Thank you, Sebastian. Thompson, I'd like you to stay behind."

Sebastian nodded respectfully to him and left.

The minute the door shut behind him, David's head was in his hands.

"Fuck, I did it again."