December 18- "She"

"Oh, Jeff," Eli said as his older brother got home, drawing his attention. "Some chick said hi to me in the hall today, I was wondering if you knew her."

"Women don't like to be called that," Jeff reminded him. "What'd she look like?"

"Really thick and fluffy dark hair that's short, freckles across her nose and cheeks too, I think, glasses that were big but not too big ya know and a red-and-black plaid skirt with tights under it. And like, a black shirt that had long sleeves and fell off her shoulder and was kinda big."

"Wait, you said girl?" he asked, confused.

"Yeah, and she's really cute."

"That's weird, because I know someone like that but they aren't a girl. You're positive it was?"

He laughed. "Dude, she was wearing a skirt. And tall boots."

"Hold on, hold on." Jeff took out his phone, swiping though his pictures. "Um, is it... Ah, there. Is it them?"

It was a picture of Jeff and another person, looking exactly like who Eli had seen but in a gray sweater-dress and matching gray beanie.

"Yes! So you know her?"

Jeff laughed, putting his phone away and shaking his head. "Eli, you've met Nick before, didn't you recognize them?"

His eyes went wide and he stopped his brother before he could leave. "Wait, that's Nick? As in, your best friend Nick? As in, jeans-and-sweatshirt Nick?"

"Yep. They got a new wardrobe. It's amazing how much antidepressants can effect the smallest things like the energy to actually care about what you wear."

Eli stared at the wall, as if he couldn't comprehend it. "Jeff, I don't think I'm straight. I don't care that Nick's nonbinary, they're still the hottest person I've seen."

Jeff ruffled his hair. "That makes two of us, little brother. But remember, I've been crushing on Nick longer than you have, so I have seniority."

"You have pathetic-ness is what you have."

"Ouch. But still, eyes off my best friend."