December 7- Dress Code

Kurt had always teased Blaine for how severely he gelled down his hair, and Blaine always laughed it off.

He didn't realize that he probably had to until he transferred to Dalton to escape his old school.

Two boys named Nick and Jeff were showing him around. Jeff had short blonde hair and his uniform was crisp, precise.

Nick's wasn't. His hair was in a messy french braid, his shirt wasn't tucked in, his tie was loose- but most noticeably, there was a blue, yellow, and pink pin in his hair. A pansexual pride pin.

Kurt couldn't help but smile when he saw it.

"So, these are the math classes, we try to keep all the different subjects close so it's easier to get around," Jeff was saying when someone behind them loudly cleared their throat.

Kurt jumped, turning around. There was a very tall, very intimidating, very angry man looming over them.

Nick smiled pleasantly. "Hello, sir."

"Do not sass me, young man," he snapped. He pulled the pin out of Nick's hair, making him wince as quite a few strands of hair came out with it. "Maybe a detention will remind you of the school dress code."

"I'm afraid I already have a detention today. Can we take a raincheck and make it tomorrow?"

"Then I guess your detention will be the length of two. I'll supervise it, don't worry about the usual teacher. I hope that works with your schedule."

The smile was still on his face. "That sounds great. I'll see you then."

The man scowled and left. Without pause, Nick pulled an identical pin out of his bag and clipped it in his hair.

Jeff shook his head. "I'll never get why you do it."

"I do it because I'm me, I'm reckless, and I have no regard for the rules or authority," Nick responded.

Jeff laughed, kissing him on the cheek. "You're something, alright."

"So the dress code is pretty strict?" Kurt asked uncertainly. "That's the one thing I wasn't too sure about..."

"He's the only teacher so strict about it," Jeff assured him. "But as long as you tuck in your shirt, button your blazer, and straighten your tie nobody's going to give you a second look."

"And hair clips actually are allowed," Nick added. "I'm just always out of line and it's the only thing he could easily pull off of me. The joke's on him, I have several different varieties and bought them all in bulk. They were really cheap and I accidentally added a zero to the order but didn't notice because the price seemed reasonable. Ended up with a lot more than I bargained for."

Jeff chuckled. "If you see a kid with a pride pin or hair clip, odds are nine out of ten times they got it from Nick."

"I always teased Blaine for gelling down his hair, but he probably has to, doesn't he?" Kurt wondered aloud.

They both laughed. "No, Blaine does that out of his own pure will," Nick said. "They don't regulate hair, mine would never be tolerated."