December 30- Please Don't Tell (7)

"Absolutely not!"

The Warbler meeting room was full of overlapping chatter once they had announced the dilemma.

"The sexual tension would be unbearable," one objected.

"The sexual tension was unbearable before Kurt and Blaine got together and you were fine with that," David argued.

"The Warblers are a band of brothers," Blaine said, quieting them. He was the lead singer, people listened to him. "Just because we have a female student in Dalton doesn't mean we should ruin the bond in here, the tradition. It's an all-boys school, she shouldn't even be here."

David shot him a glare that he didn't see.

"Oh, bullshit," Nick said, getting up. "The bond had nothing to do with us being guys, it's that we're best friends. If someone already in here came out as– as nonbinary or whatever, would you kick them out?"

"If they're nonbinary they shouldn't attend the school!" Blaine responded.

"Blaine, shut your mouth before you make a bigger ass of yourself," Kurt snapped.

Blaine looked at him in disbelief. "It's an all-boys school, Kurt!"

"Well, not anymore, because Zoey goes here. So you're gonna have to have a little more tolerance," Kurt said.

"I agree with Blaine here," Hunter said.

"Oh, shut up, you're just mad she rejected you," Nick dismissed.

"So does Sebastian, every day, and I'm not trying to kick him out of the Warblers," Hunter pointed out.

Sebastian scowled. "Yeah, well you're making things worse for yourself. The Warblers have only been all guys because the school has only been all guys. There's no rule against letting someone who isn't a guy into the Warblers."

"That's true," David affirmed.

"And we already have three people who were chosen to be the council because we know, no matter what, that they'll make the best decisions for the Warblers. I say we leave it up to them," Sebastian finished.

They all turned to the council.

"I'm not really swayed one way or another," Thad said. "I totally see the reasons for letting her in, but I guess I can also understand the reasons for not letting her in. I suppose I'm impartial."

"She auditions, if she can sing, she gets in. Like anybody else," David said, clearly not about to change his mind.

And they all looked to Wes.

"Wes, surely you don't believe this bullshit," Blaine said.

And they snapped.

They could see the anger in their eyes, the ice cold fury.

"No, I don't believe your bullshit, Blaine. She's a student at Dalton Academy. Any student can audition. She auditions, she can sing, she gets in. Anyone who has an issue with that can leave." They were all silent. "No, I'm serious, go ahead. A lot of you were agreeing with Blaine, very adamantly. Don't be cowards now."

"Wes, you uphold the traditions of this school more than anyone else!" Blaine exclaimed. "You're telling me you're okay with a girl in an all-boys school?"

"I am glad she's here, because we're all finally seeing your true colors."

"And if there was a nonbinary student? One who couldn't even decide?" Blaine asked with venom.

Wes stood up and slammed their hands on their desk, looking Blaine right in the eyes. "I AM nonbinary, you dipshit! And this is exactly the reason that I'm not out!"

The color drained from Blaine's face. Nick glanced over at his boyfriend.

Jeff chuckled in the silence. "Ramming down the closet door to call out some bullshit."

"I'm sorry," Blaine said in a small voice.

Wes looked at him, shaking their head as they sat back down. "No. You're not. Well, not about what you said. You're just sorry you said it in front of me."

Blaine's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water, but nothing came out.

"I told you to stop talking before you made a bigger ass of yourself," Kurt said as Blaine looked to him for help. "You dug this hole, now lie in it."

"I should just... I'm just gonna go..." Blaine left the room in an awkward silence. Wes bit back a laugh.

"Well, the issue has been settled, I believe?" No one said anything. "That concludes this meeting."

As everyone left, Thad leaned over to David. "Dude, I love taking the official notes," he whispered, making him laugh.

[Happy last day of Hanukkah/Chanukah to those who celebrate today!]