Paris.

If we go down then we go down together, 

They'll say you could do anything

They'll say that I was clever

If we go down then we go down together. 

They were in the back of the cab. The New York skyline in front of them. Millie was telling him a story about the first time she came here in the city. "... And that was the first time I saw the skyline in front of me and it felt like magic." She looked at him. Her face got a insecure look. "I'm talking too much? Don't I?" Finn placed his hand on her leg. "No, no of course not. It's just... I slept for like four hours and I feel so tired..." "Then I'm going to take care of you when we get home! You are going to bed and I'm going to make you a delicious breakfast and..." "Mills, you're a terrible cook, you know that", he said, teasing her. 

She rolled with her eyes. "I'll get our stuff! If you tell me where you keep your winter clothes and stuff, I'll get it!" "No, you don't have to do that, Mills." "Finn, you always take care of me, let me take care of you for one time." He looked at her. He knew that she was stubborn and that nothing could change her mind if she came up with a plan. "Okay..." She smiled. 

"But Mills?" "Yeah?" "Don't get me wrong, but... It's just... I know that you're excited about the holiday, but this thing with your parents and the fact that Jacob wants you back..." "Finn, I told you. Nothing is coming between us." "I don't mean it like that. it's just... You know you can tell me anything, right?" "Yeah, I know. But I told your mom that I thought it was a good idea to ask that lawyer for help and he will look into it. He will figure a way out, I know he will. And he will help my to break the contact." She sighed. "I need this Finn, I need some days away from everything." He nodded. "We will worry about it when we are back, alright? I just want to enjoy this holiday!" "But why aren't you worried about Jacob releasing the photos?" "Because I know him, I know he wouldn't to it. He knows that he's going to get himself into trouble if he does."

She tried to believe herself while she said that. She tried really hard.

Finn laid his head on her shoulder. She grabbed his hand and started rubbing his palm. "It's going to be fine, trust me on this." "I trust you Mills. It's just that I know what he is capable of and that scares me." "Don't think about it, not now, not the upcoming week." He nodded again. He smelled her vanilla scent and gave her a kiss in the neck. "I can't wait to be there, in France", he said. Millie looked at him. "Me too."

They arrived at Finns apartment.  She opened the door and they got inside. Finn walked towards the couch and laid down on it. He took off his shoes and shoved a pillow under his head. Millie was busy with unpacking their suitcase. They only had a few hours here, before they had to leave again.

She threw all their clothes on one pile and put them in the washing machine. While she  walked along the couch she looked at Finn and  put a blanket over him, kissing his cheek.

Then she walked back to Finns bedroom, searching for his winter clothes. Meanwhile, she grabbed a black hoodie that was laying on his bed and pulled it on. She searched through his closed. Until she found a photo somewhere in the drawer. It was a picture from the set. She saw Noah and Gaten on it. She remembered it like it was yesterday. 

The 23th of December... Finns birthday. 

Wait. No.  How could she not have thought about this?!

Finn's birthday was in less than a week! But, his parents, his brother... No one mentioned it! She knew Finn wasn't the guy that throws big birthday parties, but his parents...