The Lalah Twins

Iris hummed merrily to the music she was listening too, pulling her bike along with her as she made her way back home. Just when the chorus began to sing, Iris saw something in the display window of the door she was passing.

Spring Sale!

All used shoes 50% off!

"Oh," Iris gasped, her eyes stuck on a certain pair of shoes, "What a beautiful pair of shoes!"

'Beautiful' may have been an understatement. The red ballet shoes almost seemed enthralling to Iris, the ruby red color it was in and the long, lovely laces it had made her wonder why a store would sell such lovely shoes for 50% off, but it did work in her favor. As soon as she saw those shoes, she thought of someone.

" 'Ey, Iris!" Lily greeted her twin, cursing at something.

Iris made her way into their living room to find her twin laying on the couch, playing avidly on her Nintendo.

"You're back early," Lily stated, leaning over her sister, "I thought you were supposed to be babysitting for the Wrights until after dinner."
    Lily shrugged, "Well, I waaas but Yumi was...uh...acting weird."

"Acting weird, how?" Iris asked, tilting her head slightly.

She backed up when Lily began to sit up straight, looking at her sister nervously as she began to explain how her charge was behaving. Lily told her sister how Yumi was fast asleep when she was there and was asleep for a pretty long time, then when Yumi finally had woken up she had become more quiet than normal.

"I got worried that she might've been sick or something so I called Nora but there was something big happening in the antique shop, so she couldn't leave. Luckily her wife canceled her class and came back early to check on her," Lily explained, "She didn't seem to have a fever or anything, but Atsuko told me that she could watch her and that I could go home. So yeah... Weird Yumi, home early, and still not able to beat this lame boss."

Iris felt a pang in her heart, "I hope she's okay...Poor girl."

When Iris moved her hand to her cheek at the thought of Yumi's well-being, Lily heard a rustling sound from her twin and saw a white plastic bag hung on Iris's arm.

"What's in the bag, sis? You go shopping?" Lily queried.

Iris smiled, "It's a surprise!~"

Lily turned around in shock and annoyance, "Siiis! I thought we weren't going to exchange gifts this year!"
"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist." Iris chuckled softly.

Lily only grimaced at her situation, "I didn't get you anything, you traitor!"
Chuckling once more at her sister's behavior, Iris held up the plastic bag in front of her and was the only one who could see the contents that the bag held.

"I'm sorry," She apologized sheepishly.

Iris then recreated the memory of the ballet shoes. So red and shiny with the lovely laces.

"I couldn't resist!"