Wolves

"I'm not going to repeat myself mate. Give her to me now!!"

"What the fuck Ross. How did you...?"

"Shut the fuck up." He cocked the gun.

"Don't Ross...please." My hands gripped hers tightly."

"No Aaisha." Ross gave a cold hard stare and was ready to fire the gun. I let go of Aaisha and she walked over towards him. He gripped her waist tightly and sniffed her neck.

"You smell so divine Aaisha.. I wonder if you taste..."

"You bastard. I'm going to have you." I looked around. There was nobody around to help me.

"How are you going to do that then? I might shoot her instead." He pointed the gun to her head.

"Do it then Ross. Kill me now. If that's the way you want things." She shouted.

"No. Aaisha. Don't say that." I started to panic.

"Your girl must mean a lot to you Matty."

I could see the terror in Aaishas' eyes, as he cocked the gun.

"Don't you dare harm her. She's innocent. You've got an issue with me not her!"

"I like this game of yours. Trying to save each others' skin. I've got a game of my own. He swung the gun to and fro. "Eenie...meenie...minie...mo...." The gun was pointing in my direction.

"No.." Aaisha was struggling to get the gun from him.

"It's too late. He's going to die." Then
he suddenly fell to the ground. Mark was holding a large baton in his hand. Seconds later Adam and George sprinted over behind him.

Aaisha was trembling uncontrollably, but thank God Adam caught her before she fell to the ground. I just stood there, trying to take everything in. It was so fucking surreal. I heard sirens in the distance. I felt someones' arm around my shoulders.

Then everything else became a blur...

***********************************

"Aaisha...Aaisha." I yelled loudly, when I felt the empty space on my bed. Where was she? More to the point how did I get here?

I heard several footsteps outside my door. It swung open. I looked across to see Mum, Louis, Mark, George and Adam.

"Matthew darling. It's ok. Your safe. Your home." Mum cried. She put her arms around me and squeezed me tightly.

"Thank God Matty you're ok." Adam sighed with relief.

"Yeah Bro' we were getting so worried about you.."

"Where the hell is she? Where is Aaisha? What have you done to my Aaisha?" I shouted angrily.

I jumped out of bed quickly. Mark stepped towards me." She's fine. We had to call the Doctor to sedate her."

"You can go see her. But she'll be out for a few hours." Mum added.

Mum took hold of my hand and led me to her room. This was the first time that I ever felt lost and vulnerable since Nana died. I
took.a deep breath and opened the door slowly. I felt a huge lump in my throat. I had to pull myself together for both our sakes. Otherwise I was fucked.

I saw Aaishas' mouth move slightly. I sat down beside her and took her hand in mine. It was very cold.

"Mat..ty..Mat..ty...". She whispered slowly. Her eyelids began to move frantically.

"I'm here my darling." I brushed my hands over her face lightly. I could see tears trickle down her face.

"I'm ss..sorry Ma..tty. It's my fau..."

"Sshh...baby. Get some rest now. She gripped my hand tightly. I'm not going to leave you." I brushed my lips against hers. She smiled slightly.

The door opened slightly, "I can't leave her Mum." I said weakly.

"Ok love. I'll get you something to eat."

Mum got me some tea and Tim Tams. My favourites since I was in St. Georges' Primary. I didn't realise how hungry I was until I went through half the packet.

I must have fallen asleep again, when I heard Aaisha coughing.

"Da fuck. I sprinted to the door and opened it, "I need some water quick." I shouted panicking. I raced over to the bed and rubbed Aaishas' back. "Easy babe. Easy. I've got you."

Louis came upstairs with a large glass and a jug. "Do you want me to stay Bro?"

"Yeah Louis. That would be great."

While Aaisha was in the bathroom, I finally found the chance to talk to Louis about the incident with Ross. I couldn't remember a thing.

"I need to know what happened this morning. He hesitated.."Louis just bloody tell me!" I said impatiently.

Louis told me that after Mark knocked Ross out, Aaisha became hysterical. Then I completely went into a world of my own. Shouting and screaming like I'd been possessed by an evil spirit. The Police came to take Ross away. He had escaped jail who knows how. Rhea was now in a Psychiatric hospital because she was harming herself.

The Ambulance took Aaisha and I to hospital because of our mental state. It affected Aaisha more because she was very sensitive.

She didn't deserve to be put through all of this for fucks' sake!!

Louis ended with saying, "So we brang you home to keep you safe and away from unwanted attention."

"I'm never going to be safe while I'm here." I remarked.

"You should call Jamie."

"I know. He's probably tearing his hair out."

Aaisha came back inside the room. She still looked frail, but I knew she was trying to hide it.

"You ok sweetheart? Shall I bring you something to eat?"

"Yes m fine. I'll eat downstairs."

"I'll take you." Louis offered.

"Thank you."

She looked at me. "I'll be down soon."
I just needed some time to myself. Why was Ross even jealous of me? We were friends since school. I couldn't get my head round it. After all the times I fucked up with girls in the past, I find my happiness it seems the world is against me. But I did make a promise to look after Aaisha, I wasn't about to throw all that away.

Aaisha was still sat the kitchen table trying to eat. George was sat next to her. " C'mon love. Just try one more mouthful. She looked up at me and took several mouthfuls of soup until the bowl was clean.

"Would you like some more love?", Mum asked her, as she was about to pour some more into her plate.

"No thank you Mum. I'm quite full. I'm just going to rest."

"Ok love." Aaisha went back upstairs with Louis.

Adam and Mark were in the living room. George came in with some cake and biscuits.

"Ok guys.. I've made up my mind.."