Chapter 43- Calls

Magnus woke up the next morning while Alec was still asleep. He gently brushed his fingers over Alec's cheek and smiled. He still couldn't believe that he was engaged. That he was going to be Mr Lightwood-Bane. He looked down at his ring and smiled as he twisted it around his finger before he looked back to Alec and carried on watching him as he slept peacefully.

Magnus knew that this peaceful bubble they were in was only temporary and that whoever was behind their torment was going to come back at some point. He decided to live life happily and more 'in the moment' while he could. He took his ring off, taking some pictures of it before putting it back on and finding a local jewellery store that could make a copy of the ring. He wanted Alec to have a ring too, the same ring in fact, and he would propose to Alec too. To show Alec how much he loved and needed him.

It was about an hour later when Magnus heard Alec's morning grumble that told him he was waking up reluctantly. Magnus adored that noise that Alec made. It was a little quirk of Alec's that only he knew about really. He wasn't even sure if Alec was aware of the noise he made but even that made it cuter for Magnus.

"Morning, fiancé. " Magnus whispered as he kissed Alec's head, who smiled and pulled him in closer.

"Morning, baby. " Alec spoke back before kissing him softly. "Did you sleep okay?"

"I slept okay." Magnus nodded. "Obviously, it's hard with all that is going on but I slept much better than I have been lately."

"I'm hiring a PI today. I want this sorted. You've got enough to deal with because of your father and Camille's funerals without all this too. " Alec sighed. "I'm going to do everything I can to fix this. Okay?"

"Okay. Thank you, Alexander." Magus smiled and pulled him in for a long and loving kiss.

Alec wrapped his arms around Magnus and held him close as they kissed. He wanted nothing more in that second than to protect Magnus at all costs. After they broke the kiss, Alec cupped Magnus' face and smiled at him sweetly.

"I love you, " Alec said to him.

"I love you too." Magnus smiled. "There's something I wanted to talk to you about, actually. You can say no, obviously, but I think it's a good idea."

"What is it?" Alec asked curiously.

"Well, with Izzy being pregnant meaning Simon is going to move in with her and the baby... do you think we could sell the apartment and buy a place of our own? I know it's a lot to ask but I... I don't feel safe in that place anymore and... and I think it would be nice to get somewhere that's just ours. Maybe with a bath in it?" Magnus suggested, nervous for Alec's reply.

"Sounds like a good idea to me, baby. Whatever you want. I need to speak with Simon first though because he may want the apartment with Izzy so they've got more room for the baby but we can definitely look at other places to live. " Alec smiled at Magnus who was beaming with delight as he grinned.

"Really? You really mean that!? Oh, Alexander, I can't wait!" He said happily. "Maybe we could move closer to your mother and Max? Get out of the city but not too far away?"

"You find a house or apartment you want and we can go and check it out." Alec nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, Alexander! Thank you!" Magnus said as he hugged Alec closer. "I'm so happy! Me and You. Our own place. Getting married. I'm so lucky to have met you."

"I'm lucky to have met you too, Magnus. I don't know where I would be without you now" Alec smiled, holding Magnus close and kissing his lips softly.

Magnus was about to say something when his phone rang. He frowned as a withheld number appeared on the screen. His fears instantly escalated as he showed Alec the phone, who took it and stood up as he answered it.

"Hello? Who's this?" Alec asked.

"I'm watching you. Both of you." The voice said. It was robotic so Alec couldn't tell who it was.

"Who is this?" Alec asked more sternly.

"Someone you know... but you also don't..." The voice laughed before the call cut off and Alec glared before looking at Magnus and sighed.

"Who was it? What did they say?" Magnus asked panicked.

"I... I don't know... They said it was something I know but I also don't know... unless they meant us... I'm so confused but apparently whoever it was is watching us." Alec sighed and rubbed his face. "No looking at new places until we get to the bottom of this. I don't want this freak knowing where we could live."

"Okay. Jesus... I'm so sorry this is happening... you wouldn't be in danger if it wasn't for me," Magnus sobbed out.

"Hey, hey, hey... none of that. I would walk into any dangerous situation for you," Alec said as he took Magnus' face in his hands. "I love you and I will do anything for you."

"Thank you. I love you too." Magnus sniffed as he looked up at him sadly.

"Now, lay down and try and relax a little. I'm going to try and call this PI that I've been looking into." Alec smiled and kissed Magnus' cheek before picking up his own phone and scrolling through to find the number. Magnus climbed back into bed and pulled the covers over him.

Magnus cried quietly as Alec rang the number he had. He felt awful for putting Alec through all this stress and drama. They had just gotten engaged and Magnus knew they should be enjoying their engagement but instead Alec was on the phone talking to a PI and trying to fix his shit.

"Thank you... okay, will do... see you soon... bye," Alec said before putting his phone down and sitting down next to Magnus.

"How was it?" Magnus asked as he moved to put his head in Alec's lap. He relaxed into Alec's touch as he stroked his fingers through his hair.

"His name is Mark. He will come and see us at five. He's going to come here," Alec informed. Magnus turned over and faced Alec before smiling sadly at him.

"Alec... a-are you sure you want to marry me? If it's too much for you... I would understand. I know when we got together, this isn't what you signed up for..." Magnus whispered out sadly.

"Magnus. Baby. I love you. This is what relationships are about. You take the good with the bad. The amazing times with the worst times. I promise you that I'm not regretting us. At all. Not our meeting, not us getting together nor our engagement. I love you so much, angel. More than I ever thought was possible, " Alec said and stroked Magnus' cheek. "Now please stop worrying about me wanting you."

"Oh, Alexander. I love you so much!" Magnus whimpered as he buried his face into Alec's stomach and sobbed. "I'm so sorry this is happening!"

"It's not your fault. None of this is your fault. It's whatever maniac that's doing this. It's their fault," Alec said sternly. "Don't let them come between us. Don't let them break us."

"I won't. I promise. I'll stop worrying about it." Magnus sniffed as he sat up and straddled Alec's hips, kissing him softly before burying his face into Alec's neck and holding him tightly.

They both sat there holding one another and it wasn't long before Alec felt Magnus' soft breathing and looked down to see his eyes closed. Leaning back a little, he left Magnus to sleep on his chest, not wanting to move too much in case he woke Magnus up. Alec wanted him to rest.