Chapter 29- EXTRA Alec's POV

Alec walked with Izzy to Asmodeus, luckily remembering what Magnus had said about where his apartment was and where he worked. It was pretty late so they didn't bother to check the car dealership and went straight to Asmodeus place. It was an expensive place, judging by the interior and Alec whistled as he looked up at the building.

"Someone likes to live lavish" Alec commented. Going up the buzzers and pressing the button for 'A. BANE'. They waited for a few minutes before pressing it again and again but received no answer. Alec frowning and looking to Izzy. "What now?"

"Now, we wait" Izzy smiled, taking a seat on the step of Asmodeus's building, Alec sighing and sitting down with her.

"What if he doesn't want to see me Iz? What if he didn't text me because he has changed his mind and got his dad to do it instead?" Alec asked, feeling glum as he brought his knees up on the step below him and folded his arms on top to rest his chin on.

"Don't be silly, Magnus loves you. I can tell by the way he looks at you" Izzy said softly, resting a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to reassure him.

"He told me. Before he left," Alec swallowed, coughing slightly to clear his throat. "He didn't know I was awake, he said he loved me and would tell me one day. When you brought it up earlier, he freaked out a little and I asked him about it. That's when I told him about the accident and then he left."

"Why don't you believe that he loves you?" Izzy asked with a slight frown.

"What do you mean?" Alec questioned back.

"Oh come on Alec. He's been your first boyfriend since Craig. I know you had Underhill, but even he wasn't ever a boyfriend, only friends with benefits thing. You can't seem to open up, and you have never told anyone about the accident. So why tell Magnus?" Izzy queried.

"Because... I didn't want him to get into a relationship with me without him knowing the truth" Alec answered, sighing when he saw Izzy's 'bullshit' look. "Because I love him. He's the one. The great love of my life. I can tell and I wanted him to be sure that he loved me back enough to get passed my history. The drugs, the drinking and the accident. I couldn't believe it when he said it was his friend. That look in his eyes broke my heart."

Alec sobbed quietly, tears falling from his eyes and he wiped them away. Izzy resting her head on his shoulder and rubbing his back comfortingly. They sat in silence for a little until Alec got his emotions under control.

"Alec, if you love him like you say you do, why are you giving up so easily? How come you aren't fighting more? If you love him that much, me telling you that I don't think it's him texting you should make you so happy," Izzy sighed, a little confused by her brother's actions.

"It's easier to assume he left me because of something I hate about myself, then to believe he is in danger. Plus I'm terrified of my feelings for him and the thought of him breaking my heart, so I guess I would just tell him the worst thing about myself and if he stuck around, then he was the one. That idea backfired," Alec chuckled sadly, regretting ever saying anything.

"Look, it doesn't seem like Asmodeus is coming home anytime soon. Let's go home for some rest and food then catch him in the morning before he goes to work" Izzy suggested, feeling freezing in the night wind and knowing Alec would be feeling it too.

"Ok," Alec said as he nodded. Getting up with Izzy as the two left to go back to his apartment. Izzy sleeping in Alec's bed that night, not wanting to leave him, while Alec slept in Magnus'. Wrapped around his pillow.

The next morning, Alec woke up feeling more optimistic and determined to find out if Magnus had left him or if something had happened. He got up and showered before waking Izzy up, who was not happy to be woken but soon remembered Magnus and hopped up to sort herself too.