Chapter 7

3rd POV

Its been a few hours since Wells went toe to toe with Bellamy. Most of the 100 are asleep, but some are having trouble sleeping, their nerves getting the best of them. Minerva being one. She is just staring into the fire, knowing that if she goes to sleep, she will have a nightmare about her death. Miller comes up and sits next to her. She glances over at him and continues to stare into the fire.

"Hey, look, I'm sorry about the wristband," he says, fading off, not knowing how to express his regret. Minerva doesn't say anything as Miller sighs, knowing his friend is upset.

"Why don't you sing something, that always made you feel better in the kitchen," Miller says wrapping his arm around her.

"Can you sing," Roma asks sitting across the fire from her. A chorus of yeahs come from around the fire. Minerva sighs and thinks of a song to sing. She remembers the perfect song for right now.

We could just go home right now

Or maybe we could stick around

For just one more drink, oh yeah

Get another bottle out

Lets shoot the shit

Sit back down

For just one more drink, oh yeah

Here's to us, here's to love

All the times that we fucked up

Here's to you, fill the glass

'Cause the last few days have kicked my ass

So lets give 'em hell

Wish everybody well, here's to us, here's to us

Everyone relaxes a little as she continues.

Stuck it out this far together

Put our dreams through the shredder

Lets toast 'cause things got better

And everything could change like that

And all these years go by so fast

But nothing lasts forever

Here's to us, here's to love

All the times, that we messed up

Here's to you, fill the glass

'Cause the last few nights have kicked my ass

If they give ya hell

Tell em to go fuck themselves, here's to us, here's to us

The crowd chuckles at the last lyric. Bellamy exits the dropship, hearing Minerva sing for the first time in a long time.

Here's to all that we kissed

And to all that we missed

To the biggest mistakes

That we just wouldn't trade

To us breaking up

Without us breaking down

To whatever's comin' our way

Here's to us, here's to love

All the times that we fucked up

Here's to you, fill the glass

'Cause the last few days have kicked my ass

So lets give 'em hell

Wish everybody well

Minerva smirks knowing the last couple of days have kicked her ass. Bellamy stands behind her smiling, knowing this will make the beautiful girl happy, singing.

Here's to us, here's to love

All the times, that we messed up

Here's to you, fill the glass

'Cause the last few nights have kicked my ass

If they give ya hell

Tell em to go fuck themselves, here's to us, here's to us

Here's to us, here's to us

Here's to us, here's to love

Here's to us, wish everybody well

Here's to us, here's to love

Here's to us, here's to us

As Minerva finishes the song, the group around the fire get up and disperse, feeling relaxed enough to go to bed. Miller gets up and taps her shoulder before leaving too.

"I haven't heard someone sing in a long time," Bellamy says, startling Minerva who was unaware he was right behind her.

She turns back to look at him and shrugs. Bellamy comes and sits next to her.

"So, its your birthday today," Bellamy asks her. Minerva nods her head, not really wanting to talk about it. "Then happy birthday," Bellamy says, giving her a small smile. She returns the smile.

"Why don't you get some rest, you need it more than anyone here," he says getting up. Minerva, being her stubborn self doesn't follow, she just stays there.

Bell gives her a confused look and sits down next to her again.

"I know if I fall asleep, I will dream about my death," the quiet girls says in a small voice.

Bellamy, coming to the realization that its her 18th birthday, wraps his arm around her shoulder.

"But you aren't dead. You are alive and fighting," he says trying to cheer her up. She gives him a small smile, feeling the warmth radiating from Bellamy being so close. "So thats why you are upset with Wells," he guesses.

She nods her head.

"What was your birthday wish? You mentioned it earlier," he asks.

"What do you think," she asks him.

"To be alive," he says and she nods. Bellamy removes his arm from her shoulders quickly and gets up. He pulls the sitting girl up with him.

"I've got to go somewhere, but you should get some rest even if you get nightmares," he says, walking her towards her tent.

She nods her head and goes in. Bellamy sighs, knowing if she sees what he is about to do to Wells, she might actually kill him. Minerva lays down on the homemade cot and tries to fall asleep.

The song belongs to Halestorm. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. And thank you so much for your support. I will try to update as much as possible.