Chapter 10

"Jasper was hit. They took him," Clarke says, looking at the ground. But she notices that Wells' wristband is missing.

Reaching for it, she says, "Where is your wristband?"

"Ask him," Wells said, nodding his head towards Bellamy.

Everyone that went with Clarke just look at him.

"How many," Clarke demands.

"Twenty-four and counting," Murphy responds, proudly.

Clarke looks over at him very annoyed. Here comes another lecture, I think rolling my eyes.

"You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again, and we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristbands, youre not just killing them, youre killing us," Clarke says, getting gradually louder until shes shouting.

That's why I didnt see her in the Skybox, she was in solitary. Everyone begins to look at the ground, realizing what they were doing.

"We are stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. Shes one of the privileged. If they come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore! They say they'll forgive your crimes, I say you're not criminals! You're fighters, survivors! The Grounders should worry about us," Bellamy lectures to the crowd.

The crowd cheers in agreeance with Bellamy. Clarke walks away as the crowd cheers louder with each passing moment. I glance over at Bellamy, who was already looking at me, and I shake my head and walk away.

"Min, can you come here," I hear Octavia call out. I go up to where she was sitting and kneel down. The bandage around her leg was soaked in blood.

"Let me find something to wrap your leg up in before it gets infected," I tell her getting up and start to jog to the dropship. I rip off a piece of the parachute and go back to Octavia. Bellamy was by her side.

"Here you go," I said, stopping short of her.

"Thanks," she says. Bellamy takes it out of my hand with a soft look in his eyes. I ignore it and go into the dropship. When I enter, Clarke, Wells, Finn, and Monty are arguing on who is getting Jasper.

"If you are going for Jasper, I want in," I announce.

"No you need to stay here, get the others to listen to you," Clarke says.

"Like hell I am staying here, the last time I stayed back, someone got left behind," I tell her.

Clarke leaves the dropship and I am hot on her tails.

"Clarke, we need more than two people. And I hate what I'm about to say, but we need Bellamy," I say. "Why," she asks, turning to look at me. "He has a gun. We need that kind of protection and I doubt he'd just give it to us," I explain. "Pack a bag, Minerva. I need someone I can trust then," she says, heading towards Bellamy and Octavia.

I head back into my tent and grab my bag, throwing in a canteen of water and a small knife. I met Clarke and Wells as Clarke was convincing him to come. He eventually decided and is having Murphy come. This is going to be great, I think rolling my eyes. Before heading out, I stopped to say to Octavia and pointing towards my tent, "you can stay in my tent if you want. Its the one right over there."