Chapter 9

"Get out of my way Minerva," Wells says, pushing me out of his way.

Murphy is the first one to jab at Wells, then again. Wells swings the knife up to almost stab Murphy in the shoulder, but Murphy dodges and slices Wells across the shoulder.

"This is for my father," Murphy yells, attempting to stab Wells again. But Wells had other ideas. When Murphy swung towards him, Wells grabbed his arm, spun him around and put his knife to Murphys throat.

"Drop it," he tells Murphy.

In the near distance, people hear Clarke calling his name.

"Let him go," she said coming right up next to them.

Wells shoves Murphy to the ground and attempts to get Wells, but is stopped by Bellamy. He sees Octavia hobble in with her arm wrapped around one of the guys who left with them. Wait there is one missing.

"Octavia. Are you all right," Bellamy asks, running to her side. He lifts her as she says a strangled 'yeah'. Something went wrong, terribly wrong. I glance over at Clarke and she immediately looks away, which validated my thought.

"Where's the food," Bellamy asks.

"We didnt make it to Mount Weather," Finn says after Clarke wont answer.

"What happened," I asked.

"We were attacked," Clarke says, finally saying something useful.

"Attacked? By what," Wells asks.

"Not what. Who," Finn answers. "It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasnt the last grounder."

Everyone is confused at what Finn was getting at, but I knew immediately.

"Its true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground was wrong," Clarke says, beginning to lecture. "There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation wont kill us."

"Yeah, the bad news is, the grounders will," Finn tells.

"Where is the guy with the goggles," I finally ask, with an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and not from not eating.

"Jasper was hit. They took him," Clarke says.

--------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I am so sorry that I took literally forever to update. I've been going through a lot in my personal life that affected my writing. I promise I will try to update as much as possible.